By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Munkeh111 said:
kowenicki said:
naz.. personal choice... its all about personal choice. I think the wii channels are a joke. slooooooowwww. PSN in europe is crappy - admittedly in the US it is much much better.

Why is the PSN crappy in Europe?

Also, why is the PSN coming into this, we should be comparing the XMB if you are going to compare anything

Because he's trolling, obviously.

OT:

Agreed with Naz somewhat.  It is a much cleaner interface than the Blades, and the basic sorting in the Marketplace is welcome, if not late, but it's just a new coat of paint on a bad interface.  My avatar looks nothing like me, as many have said, Mii's look closer to your likeness (on a side-note, I'm in the home beta as of friday, and it looks more like me than the MS avvy).  The limited clothing options suck.  13 pairs of pants?  There are already three or four people on my brothers friends list that look exactly like him. 

Avatars aside, the interface is still sluggish as usual.  Signing into live is still hit or miss for me.  Sometimes it's two seconds, sometimes twenty.  The interface still hangs all the time when doing something, for thirty seconds or so, and content still takes forever to load.  I thought I was done seeing the little XBOX console sign with the little dots.  I am!  Now I get to see an XBOX sign with three green orbs circling.  >_>

I suppose if you have netflix and gold you'd be in love with NXE, but me not being the hugest movie buff, and with my gold getting ready to run out in two days, It's not too imiportant to me. 

Around the Network

Avatar customization is limited because they want to monetize it.

It's already started, I heard the NG2 NXE Theme comes bundled with some clothes...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Avatar customization is limited because they want to monetize it.

It's already started, I heard the NG2 NXE Theme comes bundled with some clothes...

But MS itself is releasing free content every two weeks for the next 6 months.  So 12 free rollouts of Avatar customization options.  That should be enough to provide more variation in avatars than there is now.

I have already gotten used to it, I think it is just the willingness to change.
Mess around with it... try the different "category swooshes" and you might like it. Over time that is.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

"It's already started, I heard the NG2 NXE Theme comes bundled with some clothes.."

Actually it's Ninja Blade, not Ninja gaiden 2. Microsoft as Jagged said will release more clothing packs.

All of my friends have made Avatars that look so close to them it's scary, and thats with only a few options. As for the ads the only one I saw was the Subway one. That has been pretty much it

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
I have already gotten used to it, I think it is just the willingness to change.
Mess around with it... try the different "category swooshes" and you might like it. Over time that is.

And in case anyone didn't know.  RB and LB scroll through things alot faster.  It is also somewhat entertaining.

Yeah, the MS Avatars look like a cross between Miis and Home People that wasn't executed well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I can't possibly make my avatar look anything close to me. My Mii is still much closer. I can't see anything I can do about it though. Oh well. Guess I just have to tolerate it. I'm sure as hell not paying for more avatar options.

naznatips said:
I can't possibly make my avatar look anything close to me. My Mii is still much closer. I can't see anything I can do about it though. Oh well. Guess I just have to tolerate it. I'm sure as hell not paying for more avatar options.

You have spheres for hands? LOL j/k.

And MS is releasing free options.  Or did you not see my posts?

Okay, now I know you are bullshitting me:
Mii's ARE 6 linked circles with slightly human features.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive