By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reporting Someone for Piracy

the only difference between a thief and joe blow?

the thief was stupid enough to get caught..

enough said..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
goddog said:

side note the banning of the OP poster was uncalled for, and devalues the site, this is the first time ive been ashamed to be a VGchartz member since joining after seeing the comment he was banned for. He came here with an ethical delima, and you paint him as the villain, that is bullshit

Maybe someone "snitched" him for calling vagebond a "douchebag" at his wall...

and the bolded: noo.. he had no ethical delima.. he just wanted to know where he could report it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

if you're not allowed to park in that spot, why would you?

I am not talking about handicapped parking (which I don't do) or parking before hydrants (which is dangerous) but if I just have to go into a shop and I am not really blocking the street (for example by using the space before the corner or before the dumpsters) I rather risk getting a ticket instead of walking for 15 minutes. Of course you need a good judgment. What is ok for 10min may be very rude to other people when done for hours.

Second example speeding. Irresponsible racing is bad and laws are important but for example the speeding laws in America are retarded. 65mph you must be joking. The ADAC our car help association will tell you that road deaths happen (at least in our country) in cities and in small, curvy country roads not on big freeways. We now have idiotic new clean-air speeding zones in some cities as well. It all depends on if you know what you are doing. Could you still break if something happens before you is the important question here.

NiKKoM said:
goddog said:

side note the banning of the OP poster was uncalled for, and devalues the site, this is the first time ive been ashamed to be a VGchartz member since joining after seeing the comment he was banned for. He came here with an ethical delima, and you paint him as the villain, that is bullshit

Maybe someone "snitched" him for calling vagebond a "douchebag" at his wall...

and the bolded: noo.. he had no ethical delima.. he just wanted to know where he could report it..

ah but see i would have been fine with that, thats not what his banning is listed as, its a comment in this thread that was mainly harmless, if they are going to ban them for the wall comment list it as such. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I still stand by my premise. The man is ADVERTISING HIMSELF. If he's doing advertising of copying games and selling them (The other two things are completely legal) he is either one of this things:

1. He is ignorant of the law: In that case is just mean to report him... And don't compare this with other illegal things, this world is not black and white...

2. He is stupid or not afraid: In this case, it will be messy and too complicated so it's not worth it.

3. He's smart enough, and he already knows how to fight this. They're too many loopholes that a good lawyer can use in this matter. In this case it will be pointless...

Either way, it's not worth it...

------------------------------------------------------------

Now that i ended the practical way, i'm analyzing the moral grounds, so the question is: Is it the right thing to do??? i say yes, but only if it is for the right reasons, if i am bringing down a big fish that really hurts the industry because i care about it, and not just because i'm mad at people getting for free the things that i buy, then it's good, bringing down some puts that sells like 10 copies a month leave him alone, also the cops wouldn't care, now, when that man becomes a medium to big fish then it's right to do it... But again, for the right reasons...

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
I still stand by my premise. The man is ADVERTISING HIMSELF. If he's doing advertising of copying games and selling them (The other two things are completely legal) he is either one of this things:

1. He is ignorant of the law: In that case is just mean to report him... And don't compare this with other illegal things, this world is not black and white...

2. He is stupid or not afraid: In this case, it will be messy and too complicated so it's not worth it.

3. He's smart enough, and he already knows how to fight this. They're too many loopholes that a good lawyer can use in this matter. In this case it will be pointless...

Now that i ended the practical way, i'm analyzing the moral grounds, so the question is: Is it the right thing to do??? i say yes, but only if it is for the right reasons, if i am bringing down a big fish that really hurts the industry because i care about it, and not just because i'm mad at people getting for free the things that i buy, then it's good, bringing down some puts that sells like 10 copies a month leave him alone, also the cops wouldn't care, now, when that man becomes a medium to big fish then it's right to do it... But again, for the right reasons...

It's completely worth it to report him.  Even if he does have some sort of loophole, chances are he's only going to be able to abuse it once.

Snitch !

twesterm said:
The Anarchyz said:

It's completely worth it to report him.  Even if he does have some sort of loophole, chances are he's only going to be able to abuse it once.

Not necesarilly, if with that loophole he's declared not guilty and wins the case, he can do the same thing again and again and they can't accuse him because that qualifies as double jeopardy... Now to catch that guy again he must be doing something different to build it up as a new case with new evidence...

Now, if he doesn't get away and he's declared guilty or gets a settlement that's different...

you should do it! I can't stand pirace neither!

Double jeopardy only stops the court from prosecuting somebody more than once for a single crime with a given set of facts, not from completely stopping the court from retrying him altogether if he/she decides to commit the same exact crime again. See, you can't just steal lots of money, somehow get a "NOT GUILTY" verdict and keep on stealing lots of money like that's a free "double jeopardy" pass. Stealing monopoly money from your family probably isn't illegal, though.