By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reporting Someone for Piracy

aher052 said:
I know a guy that mods wiis & 360s and burns games as well. He's in a difficult program so he doesn't have the time to work. + his parents are poor & don't live in the same city. Hence he has to pay his own tuition fees & rent.

There isn't too much else he can do to attend school & make ends meet, do u think i should report him?

right on....you dont know his situation or what the person has been through and you could essentially ruin his life just so you can feel all snooty and think that you are doing right.... sure if this guy was a big pirater it would be alright to report but i mean cmon have a little heart....its not like you have NEVER broken the law and dont bullshit anyone.......EVERYONE has broken the law in one way or another

Absolutely I do.

Do you think he's the only one who has had to overcome hardships to go to college and make it? 

And you're right, everyone has broken the law at some point in their lives, but you should know that if you break the law, for whatever the reason, you should be prepared to face the consequences.  For instance, I use to speed.  A lot.  I knew I could get speeding tickets and I didn't care.  I wanted to get to where I was going two minutes quicker.  It finally came to a point where if I got another ticket, my insurance was going to go through the roof so I stopped speeding.

Do you think I should be able to speed without worry of consequence?  If so, why the Hell do we have speed limits?

Do you think we should have some sort of clause where it's alright for some people to break the law?  Well, this one kid is having a tough time paying for his college so he can break the law but fuck the guy in his basement that also has a 9-5 job, he's just being greedy.

Around the Network

ah but you didnt get caught every time....

what i am saying is that the person should go and talk to the person about it face to face before straight out reporting him...give him a chance or two before reporting him to a life of jail

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

aher052 said:
ah but you didnt get caught every time....

what i am saying is that the person should go and talk to the person about it face to face before straight out reporting him...give him a chance or two before reporting him to a life of jail

1. Why do you think giving the person a nice chat would do any good?
  2. Do you think that having a chat with the person would make them stop?

Maybe you missed the point of the speeding story. 

I use to speed all the time.  I had multiple tickets, multiple warnings, went to defensive driving, none of those were huge deals.  It wasn't until I realized the threat of something that actually affected me (my wallet that is) did I stop.  I knew the consequences so I stopped.

I guarantee you this guy knows what he is doing is wrong (and even if he doesn't, ignorance of the law isn't a defense), he just doesn't see a real threat.  I'm guessing he just doesn't see it as a threat because of people like you that think the problem should be ignored or the worst he should get is a harsh talking to.  I promise you that if the police show up at his house he's not going to do it again (assuming he has some intelligence at least).

yes but im sure if you talked to him telling him to stop what he is doing or the authorites will be notified then im sure that he and most people will stop...if he doesnt then tell him again then report....

at least then if he does get fined or jailed or whatever he cant say he wasnt given any chances to stop.....

how many times have you wished that you were given warning or another chance for something? really i mean if you want to report straight away then go ahead its your choice but im not the person to dob someone in and not give them any warning of it at all....

Predictions

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

aher052 said:
yes but im sure if you talked to him telling him to stop what he is doing or the authorites will be notified then im sure that he and most people will stop...if he doesnt then tell him again then report....

at least then if he does get fined or jailed or whatever he cant say he wasnt given any chances to stop.....

how many times have you wished that you were given warning or another chance for something? really i mean if you want to report straight away then go ahead its your choice but im not the person to dob someone in and not give them any warning of it at all....

Have you ever heard that expression hindsight is 100%?

If I know I'm going to get caught for doing something wrong then of course I'm not going to do it.  If I think I'm not going to get caught and I think the benefits outweigh the risks then I'm going to do it.

As for the consequences, again, all his own damn fault.  If he doesn't want to pay for the consequences he shouldn't do it in the first place.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
aher052 said:
I know a guy that mods wiis & 360s and burns games as well. He's in a difficult program so he doesn't have the time to work. + his parents are poor & don't live in the same city. Hence he has to pay his own tuition fees & rent.

There isn't too much else he can do to attend school & make ends meet, do u think i should report him?

right on....you dont know his situation or what the person has been through and you could essentially ruin his life just so you can feel all snooty and think that you are doing right.... sure if this guy was a big pirater it would be alright to report but i mean cmon have a little heart....its not like you have NEVER broken the law and dont bullshit anyone.......EVERYONE has broken the law in one way or another

Absolutely I do.

Do you think he's the only one who has had to overcome hardships to go to college and make it? 

And you're right, everyone has broken the law at some point in their lives, but you should know that if you break the law, for whatever the reason, you should be prepared to face the consequences.  For instance, I use to speed.  A lot.  I knew I could get speeding tickets and I didn't care.  I wanted to get to where I was going two minutes quicker.  It finally came to a point where if I got another ticket, my insurance was going to go through the roof so I stopped speeding.

See, this is a prime example of how brainwashed people have become. You are comparing breaking speed limits, bringing your own and OTHER peoples life in danger, to sneaking in to watch a show. I think you should let that sink in for moment ...

You have a very flawed set of morals, and capitalism gave them to you. I feel pity for you and anger at these corporations, for making it a sad reality that a few dollars means more than life.

I should add that I don't believe in making money on other peoples work, but it sure as hell beats bringing other peoples life in danger.

What's worse?

A) Stealing one billion dollars from Microsoft.
B) Stealing one billion dollars from Sony.
C) Stealing one billion dollars from Nintendo.
D) Flashing your junk at a group of 6 year olds.

exactly! good comment clerk...

Predictions

Snitches are the worst.

Oh, and I agree with Clerk. People like twesterm makes me sick. What a amoral low-life. To think a person like him should moderate anything, is just scary. Let's hope this is as important as it gets for that clown.