By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - NeoGAF up to their usual tricks again

Do the neogaf people even track sales?

Around the Network
ioi said:
I agree, I am asking you guys to help defend us as much as you can on these other sites and point people to the methodology pages, NPD vs VGC comparisons and so on. The amount of "credibility" we have no doubt lost because our PS3 figure isn't at 4.48m is frustrating, we are being accused of being a joke when it is the casual readers who are wrong.

There are enough people who visit and use this site and I guess i'd like to see us stuck up for a bit more than we seem to be and am asking you guys to help.

In looking at the big picture of this issue, the tracking of sales to consumers, not retail or other marchant establishments is the only way to go.  If everybody just tracked what was shipped to retailers, then channel stuffing would probably be more prevalent, because websites like vgcharts keep provide an independent way to track sales without having to spend ten grand on some NPD research report.

Why would the critics want to encourage dishonesty in sales?

I just read that thread, is there more then 13 posts because it didn't seem that bad? more people likes the numbers then dislike them, from my perspective.

Anyway, I know that if our numbers are significantly different from what the NPD says or some errors are there, then we will look into it and correct the problem ASAP.

ArtofAngels said:
I just read that thread, is there more then 13 posts because it didn't seem that bad? more people likes the numbers then dislike them, from my perspective.

The point is they locked the thread simply because it was talking about VGC. There are people who recognize the percent error of VGC's numbers and that they have gotten considerably better as time goes on. But the admins and ioi had a falling out, therefore VGC is banned on that site, thus why they locked it and pretty much forbid referencing VGC's numbers.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
The truth will prevail in the end... I mean that. Bad mods and bad sites hurt them selves in the long run.

QFT.

The sales credential of this site will win out in the end - and all it will do is damage the credibility of NeoGAF. If the guys that run that site want that to happen - driving gamers to our forums when they realise how irrational their masters are - its their issue.

Its only good for us, and bad for them in the long run.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Neogaf has the weirdest mods I've ever seen. If they think vgcharts data isn't accurate, they can bash it anytime they like. But they choose to lock the thread. So childish.

god if sony are really planning on producing 11 million PS3s this year i'm not looking forward to the end of year reports and the crap that comes with it. "sony says they sold 16.5 million yet you only have 9 million, you need to update" =threads X 100

I had a couple of fights over Arstechnica because of their use of your figures. Once a guy working for NPD, Enterbrain (think Famitsu) and Wedbush (think Pachter) even registred just to bash VGChartz, and me for supporting it. It's incredible the lengths people will go... Oh well. You know what that means? You must be doing something right.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Jasmine (NPD) is a registered member of this site who likes to bash ioi's data every month.