By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - NeoGAF up to their usual tricks again

Mods should keep their personal feelings out of any decisions they make on a site and mod for everyone, not just for friends or people they happen to agree with.

Around the Network

If the mods don't want vgcharts numbers to be posted on there that is their decision. It seems like every thread on IGN that gets started about vgcharts end ups in why vgcharts isn't a credible source. I love vgcharts, but if they don't want your numbers on there it's their decision.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

i'll try to spread the word about it, but it's difficult because there are so many idiots out there. I mean how many times did we hear about the 10.4 million number microsoft spread around?

Yeah. I was trying to convince people on Joystiq/Kotaku about the numbers, but was dismissed. I actually had some people converting (usually when Japanese numbers are out, people as why there aren't NA numbers weekly. I point them to this site.)

However, after Sony's incredible revelation-shipped vs sold- it is very hard to make people believe. I even referred them to NPD, MC, and GFK numbers for the first half of the year that match up with VGC's numbers.

It has become a lot more difficult in the past week, but I am still fighting the good fight. At least, at other blogs.

what i would say you should do ioi is have a section that kills all of these myths with facts on the front page. They should be backed up with credible links that show without a doubt that you are right. For example for this 4.48 thing you could have a link to a credible site that says Sony changed their method of reporting.

Around the Network

On the others webs I post(mostly spanish-latin webs), they respect ours number and they look at vgchartz numbers every week(Japanese and NA sales). So as far as I know vgchartz numbers are very well respected on the webs I post.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

The truth will prevail in the end... I mean that. Bad mods and bad sites hurt them selves in the long run.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I think there are many people that do respect the numbers, but those people seem to be overshadowed by the people that don't believe it. IMO they usually don't support them because it doesn't support their own agenda.

johnsobas said:
I think there are many people that do respect the numbers, but those people seem to be overshadowed by the people that don't believe it. IMO they usually don't support them because it doesn't support their own agenda.

It's one of those things where people will say "I hate their numbers, hey buddy, come over here look what VGChartz says this week."  then they do it again next week, and then so does Buddy.  Meanwhile traffic goes up anyway.  Like people who love to watch tv or listen to radioshows they hate.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

It is kinda hard when not even some VGC users can understand the difference between sold to retailer and sold to consumers.
I will try to do my best. Still I do not think that some message boards demographics are capable of understanding VGC methodology (some 15 years old and fanatic fanboys).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."