By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - NeoGAF up to their usual tricks again

DKII said:
It's not that large in terms of it only a handful of mods/admins in charge, and they're the ones who don't like him. :P

Ah, okay. In that case, it's probably best to ignore them and move on. Be the bigger person.

BTW, Alexa.com has NeoGaf ranked a little higher than 6,000 while VG is 16,000 or so. The site is pretty big. By comparison, Kotaku is around 2,200 last I checked.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Hmm, I never read this section of the forum so I just read all this for the first time. Very bizarre...

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

The whole thread looks like "well I sorta like the site, but I won't dare to say it here..." to me. Pity a personal vendetta is bothering so many people like this.

I think neogaf sees this site as a threat, or else they wouldn't be so fierce in hating/ignoring/banning users that mention it. The last thing they want is for their 1500 guests to roam over to this forum where its less stupid. It's almost like that site is Myspace and this is Facebook.

If this site was facebook and that site was myspace, Neogaf could stomp all over us all they like, seeing as Myspace is worth so many billion dollars more then Facebook.

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
If this site was facebook and that site was myspace, Neogaf could stomp all over us all they like, seeing as Myspace is worth so many billion dollars more then Facebook.
For now.  Obviously you're not with the times.  Myspace isn't getting as much love as Facebook is, and in a year or so, Facebook will surpass Myspace.

rendo said:
ArtofAngels said:
For now.  Obviously you're not with the times.  Myspace isn't getting as much love as Facebook is, and in a year or so, Facebook will surpass Myspace.

Pffft yeah as soon as PS3 overtakes Wii worldwide.

ioi there will always be tools in the world who beilve in one thing over another. Don't worry about them. I knwo it hurts to have your reputation slured, however like people have said truth will come out.

Persoanlly I don't care if your numbers are accurate to 1% or 10% or whatever.
Its a good indicator what the sales are like. People take the numbers to seriously like its gonna effect their life if an X amount of this isn't sold.

thanks for your efforts ioi. I now you do this in your own time without big companies etcc paying you off to boost numbers or whatever. Not a bad effort for somehting you don't get paid shitloads of cash to do.

ArtofAngels said:

Little FYI for ya:

"MySpace popularity with teens fizzles:
Visitors under 18 to site fell 30 percent in last year; Facebook rose"

Dated: July 11, 2007