By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All numbers up, America Ps3 very low?

I love threads like these. So very entertaining and always fun to read.

OT:

We all know Sony is not doing very good right now. Unfortunately there is nothing Sony can really do about this matter other than to just ride it out and get 2008 over with as they clearly lost this battle (for most sales in 2008). Several people in this thread already stated good reasons why Sony won't win this year and I agree. Next year starts less than a month and a half away and MAYBE Sony might have more success.

But then again, so will the Wii and 360. The 360 still has made itself some breathing room from Sony this year and it has paid off for them. In 2009, if Sony takes too long to lower the price (where this price cut takes place I'm not so sure) would give Microsoft a chance to counter that with a price cut as well IF needed.

I don't even think bundles will be as effective against the competition because the value of said console (all consoles except the Wii) could go up but the ACTUAL price won't go down. Basically as of right now in the US and some other parts of the world, price is a huge factor in deciding what console to buy.

In the hand held world, does the PSP have much more features than the DS? Who is winning that battle? In the console race doesn't the PS3 have more features than the 360? Who is winning that battle as of right now? Same situation for the 360 to the Wii or even PS360 to the Wii in terms of features. Who's winning that one?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

Found a good bundle from Sony. Looks fairly new too.

Playstation 3: Uncharted Bundle (160 Gigabyte) - 499.99

• Playstation 3
  • HD Component Cables
  • Power Cables
  • Dualshock 3 Controller
  • 160 Gigs Harddrive Space
  • Playstation Network (Free)
  • Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Free Downloadable Game (PAIN)

Breaking down the bundled goodies.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 59.99

Downloadable Game Voucher (PAIN) - 9.99

So 69.98 in extra goodies value.

I suppose the harddrive is the expensive thing in the bundle. But 160 gigs, would you use it all? Really?

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

NightstrikerX said:

Found a good bundle from Sony. Looks fairly new too.

Playstation 3: Uncharted Bundle (160 Gigabyte) - 499.99

• Playstation 3
  • HD Component Cables
  • Power Cables
  • Dualshock 3 Controller
  • 160 Gigs Harddrive Space
  • Playstation Network (Free)
  • Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Free Downloadable Game (PAIN)

Breaking down the bundled goodies.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 59.99

Downloadable Game Voucher (PAIN) - 9.99

So 69.98 in extra goodies value.

I suppose the harddrive is the expensive thing in the bundle. But 160 gigs, would you use it all? Really?

Probably, Ps3 has mandatory installs, 360 has optional installs.  :P

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

I'm amazed PS3 is getting the sales it is in US. With current economic situation and the 360 time lead / games library lead in market you really need to want a PS3 or an HD console with BR, to chose it over the 360 surely?

Wii still pounding both though...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I feel ps3 numbers is not so good.
with no price cut, i expect lower numbers like around 50k in NA

Around the Network
Dinomax said:
Teaches Sony right for less sales.

Show them to turn the back on hardcore gamers with that casual filth known as LBP.

I hope you're joking.

OT: As someone already said, if people wanted a PS3 this week, they went to Walmart for the 100$ gift card. Personally, I think this could easily mean that the actual number for the PS3 migth be somewhere around 85k.

I'm not saying "Ah ma gawd! U guys r wr0ng! Walmart made teh PS3 failz!", I am just pointing out, that saying this hasn't affected the numbers is probably pretty stupid.

man 360 fanboys are running wild!

it is about 2:1

Quite big indeed

well, let's not forget price cut and Gears of War ...

I m hoping the gap will reduce over the holidays season (hope)

Time to Work !

Solid_Raiden said:
Godot said:
North America has adopted the 360 as the main HD console. I don't think there's a turning back now for NA.

I agree with you. I'm not sure if all the Kraots, Solid Snakes, GTs and killzones can save the PS3 from last place in america now.

I'm pretty sure Kratos, Snake, GT, Killzone, Jak and Ratchet, along with a price cut, can turn the tide in America. It's not over yet, but Sony needs to act quickly. Killzone 2 will set the wheel turning, and Sony needs a price cut to keep momentum going from there. It's either lose some money or lose NA for good. Of course, Infamous, Heavy Rain and Uncharted will help, but without the price cut, it all amounts to nothing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Dinomax said:
Teaches Sony right for less sales.

Show them to turn the back on hardcore gamers with that casual filth known as LBP.

To be fair, the hardcore don't seem to like them much now.

There are very few people like you (?) and me in this world, hardcore gamers that still like Sony enough to buy a 400 dollar console from them.

And why do people keep saying the 360 is 200 bucks? At launch, was the PS3 400 bucks? Yes, it was. But the 20GB accounted for less than 10% of the sales, to the point that they discontinued it.

And, of course, Microsoft discontinued the Core, and replaced it with the Arcade, giving some added benefits with it. Does Sony need another stripped down 300 buck SKU?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective