By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All numbers up, America Ps3 very low?

Man, Ps3 is underperforming compared to what I thought.

My prediction for the last 3 weeks (made on 18th October, 3 weeks before it was going to start).

Ps3: 1050K

Actual: 608K

Whoohoo....

I wasn't that good with 360 either though.

Me: 930K

Actual: 750K

On topic: Can Wii set a new NPD record in November this year?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
NightstrikerX said:

Found a good bundle from Sony. Looks fairly new too.

Playstation 3: Uncharted Bundle (160 Gigabyte) - 499.99

• Playstation 3
  • HD Component Cables
  • Power Cables
  • Dualshock 3 Controller
  • 160 Gigs Harddrive Space
  • Playstation Network (Free)
  • Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Free Downloadable Game (PAIN)

Breaking down the bundled goodies.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 59.99

Downloadable Game Voucher (PAIN) - 9.99

So 69.98 in extra goodies value.

I suppose the harddrive is the expensive thing in the bundle. But 160 gigs, would you use it all? Really?

I thought PS3's only came with composite cables (Red/White/Yellow) and did not include HD cables of any kind(neither Component nor HDMI). I know that's how it was at release and also with the 40gb model, but I'm not sure if Sony decided to stop being cheap and finally start including them.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

HUUUGE OUTCH @ sony sales

MS must be giggling in their offices right now :p

but I'm not sure if Sony decided to stop being cheap and finally start including them.

... compared to the consumer-friendly, cheap prices that MS charges for its products?

GoW 2 and low 360 price+crappy economy hit the PS3 full force. That's fucking terrible.

Kantor said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Godot said:
North America has adopted the 360 as the main HD console. I don't think there's a turning back now for NA.

I agree with you. I'm not sure if all the Kraots, Solid Snakes, GTs and killzones can save the PS3 from last place in america now.

I'm pretty sure Kratos, Snake, GT, Killzone, Jak and Ratchet, along with a price cut, can turn the tide in America. It's not over yet, but Sony needs to act quickly. Killzone 2 will set the wheel turning,  

Sorry but this is the fantasy land stuff i was talking about yesterday. This year has seen a major strong line up of games for the PS3. Games that have very high profile and appeal to most audiences. Those games you mention have nothing over what the PS3 has seen this year in MGS4,GTA4,COD5,LBP,Resistance 2,Warhawk,Haze,GT5:Prologue etc.. etc.. To think Killzone 2 will do better then those games is just pure laughable. There is nothing now in the PS3 locker that can compete with any of those games. Killzone 2 is a game being hyped up as the next killer app but i have seen it being played and was not as impressed as i was watching COD4. The previews are very mixed. Remember Resistance 2 was meant to be the next best game wasen't it?

And this is the problem. People have to look for excuses as to why the PS3 is doing so badly. They have to find something that will turn the tide. When they just can't accept that it is doing badly because people don't want it as much as they think they do. The only way PS3 is getting back ahead of the 360 is by having a massive price cut to bring it in line with current 360/Wii prices and a total image overhaul. Its image right now is worse then a bunch of nerds trying it on with the prom queen.

So while these numbers for the PS3 are very bad if you take the 360 and Wii out of the picture and just look at the numbers your see they are in line with the PS3's average projection. The PS3 is doing as well as it has done. But the 360 has started to now pick up pace and pick up some of the Wii sales. This was expected. So seeing the 360 sales is not a surprise at all. The question is if they can keep it in stock because the demand now is huge.

Around the Network

PS3 is in some serious shit.

Price Drop stat.

360 is too cheap. >_>

smbu2000 said:
NightstrikerX said:

Found a good bundle from Sony. Looks fairly new too.

Playstation 3: Uncharted Bundle (160 Gigabyte) - 499.99

• Playstation 3
  • HD Component Cables
  • Power Cables
  • Dualshock 3 Controller
  • 160 Gigs Harddrive Space
  • Playstation Network (Free)
  • Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Free Downloadable Game (PAIN)

Breaking down the bundled goodies.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 59.99

Downloadable Game Voucher (PAIN) - 9.99

So 69.98 in extra goodies value.

I suppose the harddrive is the expensive thing in the bundle. But 160 gigs, would you use it all? Really?

I thought PS3's only came with composite cables (Red/White/Yellow) and did not include HD cables of any kind(neither Component nor HDMI). I know that's how it was at release and also with the 40gb model, but I'm not sure if Sony decided to stop being cheap and finally start including them.

The HDD is expensive, but bumping it up doesn't really raise the price as much as you'd think... This was the main component that kept the Xbox 1 in the red and a reason they opted for non-standard

Fernando said:
"Just wait until Killzone 2... the sales will surpass both the 360 and Wii...

And if Killzone 2 don't help, the just wait until GT5 and now for sure the sales will go up..."

=p

Just wait until... Fernando grows up? By then, PS3 will be in the lead...

DMeisterJ said:
Fernando said:
"Just wait until Killzone 2... the sales will surpass both the 360 and Wii...

And if Killzone 2 don't help, the just wait until GT5 and now for sure the sales will go up..."

=p

Just wait until... Fernando grows up? By then, PS3 will be in the lead... <_<

So wait? You're saying the Ps3 will never be in the lead?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

@ Oy

Of course it'll never be ahead of Wii.