By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All numbers up, America Ps3 very low?

selnor said:
Sony in massive trouble. I predicted in another thread M$ would do Sony by 60-70,000 this and next week. Looks like next week it will be even more.

I am now 85% sure Sony will comw 3rd this gen. Well done M$.

Im calling 100k

Tease.

Around the Network

fck man. i hope sony doesnt suddenly give up on the ps3.... they need a price cut in 2009 but they already losing money. 45nm ps3 are comming in 2009 = cheaper.... maybe $50- $100 max. i dont think sony will go bankrupt because they do sell other things.

Sony must keep this price until blu-ray live player is 199 msrp. Must not have people buy just for blu-ray

Repent or be destroyed

AceRock said:
@ dolemit3 : If the 360 and PS3 were the same price, which do you think would sell more right now? Just an honest question.

It's also an irrelevant question.  The fact remains that they are not the same price now, so speculation is useless.  By the time the PS3 gets to the price the 360 is at MS will have been able to further cut price.  Additionally, by then Blu-Ray will be less of a major selling point for the PS3 because standalones will have been far cheaper for quite some time.

I originally thought it was inevitable that the PS3 would outsell the 360 in the end, if for nothing else than the strength of the playstation name.  Now I'm not so sure.

trestres said:
Damn PS3 in deep trouble.

haha, this sums up the thread.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

Crazy Wii sales, Great sales for Ds and 360, ps3 ok but it need to pick up the pase for christmas.

De85 said:
AceRock said:
@ dolemit3 : If the 360 and PS3 were the same price, which do you think would sell more right now? Just an honest question.

It's also an irrelevant question.  The fact remains that they are not the same price now, so speculation is useless.  By the time the PS3 gets to the price the 360 is at MS will have been able to further cut price.  Additionally, by then Blu-Ray will be less of a major selling point for the PS3 because standalones will have been far cheaper for quite some time.

I originally thought it was inevitable that the PS3 would outsell the 360 in the end, if for nothing else than the strength of the playstation name.  Now I'm not so sure.

ITS Irrelevant because the 360 with no hard drive would have a huge disadvantage if it was at the same price as a PS3

Repent or be destroyed

360 price point = win

Teaches Sony right for less sales.

Show them to turn the back on hardcore gamers with that casual filth known as LBP.

Just to throw this out there, once again. Confirmation that xbox 360 is outselling PS3 simply due to price-tag has not been confirmed. But to throw it out there, xbox currently has a much better bundle where I am, and most likely has better bundles thoughout north america than Playstation 3.

I know people like getting the most outta their money. So bundles always play a great deal in sales, at least when I'm selling them stuff it does. Haha.

Xbox 360 Elite Bundle Includes...

• Xbox 360 Elite (Black)
  • HD Component Cables
  • Power Cables
  • Ethernet Cable
  • HDMI Cable
  • Xbox Live Headset (Black)
  • Xbox 360 Controller (Black)
  • Xbox 360 Silver Live Membership
  • Xbox 360 Gold Live Trial Membership (1 Month)
  • 120 Gigabyte Harddrive Space
  • Lego Indiana Jones
  • Viva Pinata
  • Rainbox Six Vegas 2

Playstation 3 Bundle Includes...

• Playstation 3
  • HD Component Cables
  • Power Cables
  • Dualshock 3 Controller
  • 80 Gigs Harddrive Space
  • Playstation Network (Free)
  • Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)

One can EASILY see the value included inside the xbox 360 elite box, from bestbuy. So when buying a console that you may get the most out of, its easily to look towards the xbox 360 elite due to its packaged games and HDMI Cable. Lets break it down a little bit to see how much that value is included outside the 399.99 sticker.

Lego Indiana Jones - 49.99

Kung-Fu Panda - 39.99

Rainbox Six Vegas - 19.99

Viva Pinata - 19.99

Total Value of Games - $129.96

Now outside of games, the two products are very similar. Minus the HDMI Cable, and the Headset. So lets break that down too.

Xbox 360 HDMI Cable - 59.99

Xbox 360 Wired Headset - 34.99

Total Value of Accessories - $94.98

Total Value of Bundle - $224.96

224.96 dollars added on, thats money you COULD have spent on those accessories or games. Thats amazing, its almost enough to throw in this, on your purchase.

The point I'm getting here is that PS3's low sales cannot be attributed to xbox's arcade system alone. I'm sure that yes, the price drop to the arcade is a key point, but when the average consumer looks at the two consoles and doesn't know the real difference between a playstation 3 or a xbox 360.Its likely he'll go with whatever console has the most bang for his buck.

But in this case. The xbox 360 wins hands down. Untill playstation 3 comes out with a bundle that includes a few shovelware titles, or a single AAA-Exclusive? Then drop the price a good 100 dollars or so? I'm afraid the playstation won't be beating xbox 360 week-by-week for a long time.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?