By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All numbers up, America Ps3 very low?

AceRock said:
@ dolemit3 : If the 360 and PS3 were the same price, which do you think would sell more right now? Just an honest question.

If the X360 and PS3 were at the same price, how long would it take to Sony to go bankrupt? Just an honest question

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

At Falcon095 : Quickly, but not my point.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

jedson328 said:
Serious_frusting said:
NA hates ps3 confirmed

Nah, NA doesn't hate PS3 ... they are all buying cheap as dirt Xboxes.  An arcade for $199 looks like a good deal to the untrained masses, and it appears they are scooping them up.

I think a $129 PS2 or DS looks much better than a $200 360 for the concientious buyer......especially when the games are $30 - $40 cheaper.

dolemit3 said:
jedson328 said:
Serious_frusting said:
NA hates ps3 confirmed

Nah, NA doesn't hate PS3 ... they are all buying cheap as dirt Xboxes. An arcade for $199 looks like a good deal to the untrained masses, and it appears they are scooping them up.

There is no evidence that the Cores are the most popular models. They could be the Elite just as easily, we simply don't know.

LOL, Wut?

There is no evidence to support it, but only a fool would think that the Elite 360 is selling more than either the Arcade (Core w/e) or the Pro.  The price point is too high for general consumers, just like the PS3.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

AceRock said:
@ dolemit3 : If the 360 and PS3 were the same price, which do you think would sell more right now? Just an honest question.

This is a real tough one, but I'll give the edge to the PS3. Are you saying $200 versus $200 or $200 versus $300? I think $300 still might be too high for some people.

They can, at this moment, play online for free and it has a blu-ray player.

I think blu-ray player is only over rated at this moment because new release DVDs are $25-$30 or more which is unacceptable when most DVDs are on sale for $15 or less the first week (atleast at wal-mart) you also have to factor in how many people own HDTVs in the US, as they would see no benefit without a HDTV. Blu-Ray still seems ahead of It's time. Till it comes down in prices It's not worth owning yet imho.

However you also have to factor in people will buy a PS3 as a blu-ray player and for very little gaming purposes. However, I think this will dissapear sometime next year with blu-ray players already hitting around the $165 range.

Gaming wise I'll give the edge to the 360 because It's been out an extra year and the libarary is bigger. However, Sony does have alot of recognizeable brands: God of War, Gran Turismo etc.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
Neoraf said:
Maybe it's time for me to sell my PS3 before it loses all value?

Horrible time for all PS3 owners.

It's not stock. It's a game console.

Neoraf said:
Maybe it's time for me to sell my PS3 before it loses all value?

Horrible time for all PS3 owners.

How can a gaming console "lose value"? And how is this a horrible time for PS3 owners? I don't get it.

@ Neoraf

How is low PS3 console sales bad for PS3 owners?

Your post makes no sense. Things get bad when games are no longer developed for your console, not when sales drop.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

AceRock said:
At Falcon095 : Quickly, but not my point.

Yeah, i know but your point is to prove that if the PS3 were at the price of the X360 it would sell more, and you are saying it like if you were proud of it when is nothing to be proud of because it's supposed to be that way

I mean, that's like saying

If a Ferrari were at the price of a Ford which one would sell more? (Not this one exactly but you get my point)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Maynard_Tool said:
Now, everyone is blaming on the economy for the low sales of ps3..... =

Think about it. You are facing some serious tough times and luxuries are the first thing to go. Next, you reduce your gift budget and buy lower-tagged items. Unless the PS3 can hit $299 this holiday, forget it.