By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - All numbers up, America Ps3 very low?

360 over PS3 is 100% price related.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

Around the Network
AceRock said:
360 over PS3 is 100% price related.

Is it because it costs half as much but sells twice as much (NPD numbers)?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

NA just loves cheap hardware. Who can blame us though. The 360 price is just too good to pass up. If sony could drop their price I think we'd see their numbers pick up in NA considerably, but who knows when that will happen.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

With a economy this rough no one is going to go out and buy a $400 system. They'll look at the $200 system as a good value, even if It's lacking the hard drive. They'll take bare bones HD to make their kids happy this Christmas. Sorry this is just how the economy is going to work.

It's just that simple.

Now, everyone is blaming on the economy for the low sales of ps3..... =\

Around the Network

@ dolemit3 : If the 360 and PS3 were the same price, which do you think would sell more right now? Just an honest question.

^^^ I guess that question of mine is for everyone.

Serious_frusting said:
NA hates ps3 confirmed

Nah, NA doesn't hate PS3 ... they are all buying cheap as dirt Xboxes.  An arcade for $199 looks like a good deal to the untrained masses, and it appears they are scooping them up.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

MonstaMack said:
With a economy this rough no one is going to go out and buy a $400 system. They'll look at the $200 system as a good value, even if It's lacking the hard drive. They'll take bare bones HD to make their kids happy this Christmas. Sorry this is just how the economy is going to work.

Parent: Wtf PS3, $400?!?!?!??!?!? Too much, too much.

Parent: *Looks at minimum Xbox 360 price tag* $200! Perfect! Considering that my salary has lowered down. You'll be happy this Christmas Robby, you'll be very happy.

jedson328 said:
Serious_frusting said:
NA hates ps3 confirmed

Nah, NA doesn't hate PS3 ... they are all buying cheap as dirt Xboxes. An arcade for $199 looks like a good deal to the untrained masses, and it appears they are scooping them up.

There is no evidence that the Cores are the most popular models. They could be the Elite just as easily, we simply don't know.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger