By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - On Sony closing the gap in 2009....

Sardauk said:
haxxiy said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39404&console=&maker=&boxartz=1

X360 attach ratio as of 11/16/07: 5.05
PS3 attach ratio as of 11/08/08: 5.04

:D

And ?

It's kind of obvious but let's spell it out :

Two years in both XBox 360 and PS3 have a 5 games per system attach rate. So the PS3 is selling games just fine... maybe even better because it has higher sell through after 2 years than 360.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I bought my PS3 mainly for the Blu-ray.  I am a gamer at heart so I thought it was a no brainer to go ahead and pay a little more for the PS3.  The problem being I have never bought a game for the PS3 yet.  I have rented all of the top ones but none have cooersed me into a purchase.  And I think it is mainly due to the fact that around 10 of my real life friends own a 360 and I get on live with them every night for a few hours.  

IMO live is the real reason the PS3 will never overtake the 360.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

TruckOSaurus said:
Sardauk said:
haxxiy said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39404&console=&maker=&boxartz=1

X360 attach ratio as of 11/16/07: 5.05
PS3 attach ratio as of 11/08/08: 5.04

:D

And ?

Two years in both XBox 360 and PS3 have a 5 games per system attach rate. So the PS3 is selling games just fine... maybe even better because it has higher sell through after 2 years than 360.

I don't understand how we reach that number because, If I made a rough calculation on the top10 sellers on both systems, I have a 10% difference (less for the PS3) compared to the gap percentage of the install bases.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I don't understand how we reach that number because, If I made a rough calculation on the top10 sellers on both systems, I have a 10% difference (less for the PS3) compared to the gap percentage of the install bases.

Why would you only take the top 10 sellers exactly?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Sardauk said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Cause it is a rough calculation

Top 360 goes from 8.41 mil to 2.36 mil

Top PS3 goes from 4.84 mil to 1.64 mil

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

Yeah you have to count every game, not just the top 10... Honestly by the end of this generation the PS3 and 360 will be so close in hardware and software sales that it'll be a virtual tie..

So don't worry..

Yes my sig doesn't reflect that but just ignore it :P

No-one can tell whats in store for 09. The PS3 CAN easily close the gap if theres a substantial price cut in early 09, but that dosnt look possible at the minute.

Oh talking about sales of games well in the first year PS3 had only 5 games that sold more than a million this year it already haves 12 isn't that a good example that Sony is improving in software sales?

Guys, Its not very thoughtful saying the PS3 will never overtake the 360. Xbox sales are quite poor for a console that is £170 cheaper than its competitor. A PS3 price cut will do major damage.

Sardauk said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Sardauk said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Cause it is a rough calculation

Top 360 goes from 8.41 mil to 2.36 mil

Top PS3 goes from 4.84 mil to 1.64 mil

There's no need for rough calculation when VGChartz gives us the full picture every week in the total software sold section

Signature goes here!