By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does the Wii compare to the PS2?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I hope by "best" you're refering to sales only.
It looks likely that'll be the case. Still 100 million to go, though...

Wii is the best in terms of both sales and games on the console system. All thanks to the innovation of the Wii motion control.

Around the Network
numonex said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I hope by "best" you're refering to sales only.
It looks likely that'll be the case. Still 100 million to go, though...

Wii is the best in terms of both sales and games on the console system. All thanks to the innovation of the Wii motion control.

It's like Rock_on_2008 died and came back as a Nintendo fanboy...

the ps2 being the best console ever is my opinion. sorry =/ i never liked them kiddy games that nintendo soley offers other then when i was like 8 playing my cousins super mario world and my own pokemon games :D

wii targets gamers from all ages better then any other console. i think thats why they winning.

Nah, the Wii is comparable to the NES.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

The PS2's software lineup is still miles ahead of the Wii's when it comes to quality titles.

Around the Network

You girls can say whatever you want but the Wii seems to have a good chance of becoming the best sold console.

Sorry for the girls comment but so many damn excuses, kiddy games, library of games, etc... don't get all your panties in a bunch, just take the Wii owning.

celine said:
Nah, the Wii is comparable to the NES.

really? Because the NES is imo better all around than the PS2 and only surpassed by the SNES

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

In the first 36 (or so) months it is very difficult to get the "feel" for a console because of how most competitive consoles have actually done pretty well for the first few years, and how the "Best" consoles tend to become the "Best" consoles because of their dominance in the following years.

LOL I love how people here are saying "PS2 titles are much better than Wii titles". Considering that the PS2 has been out for almost 7 years(I'm not sure). The PS2 better have a better library considering it's been on the market much longer. =P

However, if you go to any game store you'll notice that the largest collection of shovelware belongs to the PS2.

Anyone, I'm not entirely sure on the final numbers for the Wii but I can definitely say it'll be close. And with the software for the Wii getting better and better, I do believe this gen will end up with the highest rated games on the Wii.

idk i won't start comparing the wii to the ps2, the wii doesn't have nearly the deaph of game library the ps2 had, and that can become a major factor down the road.

when ppl get the wii theyre like yes, but 3rd party support on the wii sucks, and most of nintendo's recent games suck ass like wii music, and mario sluggers, lets not forget they don't make games to satisfy hardcore gamers, for a system to do like the ps2 did, it needs to sastify all kinds of consumers, causual, hardcore, etc