By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does the Wii compare to the PS2?

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=PS2&reg3=All&weeks=400

the wii is selling more in its years in the market then the ps2. nothing seems to be stopping the wii. will it take the ps2s title as the best console ever and pass its lifetime time sales?

Around the Network

"Best console ever" is extremely subjective... It wouldn't be a good idea to debate that.

Fastest selling console? Hell yes. Will it keep it up and pass the PS2? Only time will tell, but I think it has a great chance at doing so.

I think it depends on the number of hospital admissions following the release of Wii motion +. If theres alot the wii will destroy any "hardcore" myth attached to it and it will become the greatest console in existence.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Remember, greatest in sales, not opinions.

ROFL @ megaman79

Around the Network

Looking at the Op sales chart the Wii is flogging the PS2 in head to head sales at the same point in time.

PS2's games are far greater then the Wii's imo and many others opinions.

In sales? Perhaps. in Gaming Quality and games? no, never.

"greatest" is purely subjective, and I still have yet(and probably never will) found a compelling reason to put one in my home. like above highest selling is measurable... possibly

It is the best selling up till now. But lets remember the slow staggered launch of the PS2 and lets wait for another year or so. Looks very promising right now.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I hope by "best" you're refering to sales only.
It looks likely that'll be the case. Still 100 million to go, though...