By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 beat 360 in WW sales for 2008?

PS3 passed 9 million, w00t!

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
seece said:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 06th Dec 2008:

Console PS3 X360
Total

Can we stop the count and call it a tie?

Why :S whats the purpose of this thread for? To see if the PS3 will beat the 360 for 2008, it is (barely) I guess we can already declare a 1 million lead for the 360.

wow its a close one in time for the year, though sales will be about 750-1.5 mill apart depending on the last few weeks crazy....  

edit, looks like the ps3 will make  ten million for the fiscal year at sony.... though i bet they were hoping to beat that number by a few million so they could say it handily beat expectations 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Well the numbers are different for every website but i do believe the PS3 will hold on to the most console sales but it will be VERY close. Things that could contribute to this is Blu-ray buying for christmas and a shortage of Xbox 360 Arcades but i predict that the PS3 will sell less per week than the xbox but 1 million is a big gap to fill with just under a month to go

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

The 360 will end up at least 1 million ahead most likely. When next weeks numbers come in the 360 should be ahead, so couple the larger hardware sales and the higher software sales and this year goes to the 360.

Around the Network

A million? Well that would be nice. Go Wii60!

It's just that simple.

No the PS3 will not beat the 360 in sales WW for 2008.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 13th Dec 2008:

Console PS3 X360
Total

Congrats to Microsoft.

Unless there is a huge plummet in U.S. sales for the 360 it looks like it will be taking 2008 in the HD console battle. Not by much but by enough to take away the title of "year of the PS3" away.

SlipperyMooseCakes said:
Unless there is a huge plummet in U.S. sales for the 360 it looks like it will be taking 2008 in the HD console battle. Not by much but by enough to take away the title of "year of the PS3" away.

Im quite sure you have to outsell one of your competitors for it to be the year of your specific console. now i would agree it has not been year of the 360. it could be a year with good games on the ps3... or the year with really cool nich titles. or the year home came out. but not year of the ps3 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog