By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 beat 360 in WW sales for 2008?

DMeisterJ said:
Congrats to Microsoft.

Where's the "w00t"?   ;P

Around the Network
goddog said:
SlipperyMooseCakes said:
Unless there is a huge plummet in U.S. sales for the 360 it looks like it will be taking 2008 in the HD console battle. Not by much but by enough to take away the title of "year of the PS3" away.

Im quite sure you have to outsell one of your competitors for it to be the year of your specific console. now i would agree it has not been year of the 360. it could be a year with good games on the ps3... or the year with really cool nich titles. or the year home came out. but not year of the ps3 

Uhh, yeah. That's what I said. Microsoft will outsell Sony and take away the title of "Year of the PS3".

So how far ahead is it now?

PS3...seems beaten. And the year had promised so much

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

If the PS3 couldn't outsell 360 with LBP, MGS 4 and Resistance 2 then I doubt it ever will. At the moment the 360 has outsold the PS3 by a mere 200K hoever with 2 more weeks left in the year expect it to go near 66K.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

Microsoft now has now reversed the lead since the $400 price cut for the PS3 last November.

Tease.

this is great achievement for MS , good sales , upcoming 2 week, and xbox 360 will be in 27 mil WW

DMeisterJ said:

This thread will be updated weekly to reflect current sales and new discussion.

Bump for most recent sales numbers.

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

Does the 360 have a 1m+ lead for this year now?