By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 beat 360 in WW sales for 2008?

Well, the end of the year is upon us in just eight short weeks.  And this has been a very peculiar year in terms of hardware sales to say the least.  PS3 came out of the gate this year and won 37 weeks in a row or something like that in Worldwide sales, and then Microsoft announced a price cut, that has had the PSP struggling to compete in sales up until recently, but then Gears 2 and Fable 2 came out to try to keep the PS3 at bay.  As of right now, the week ending November 10, 2008 these are the sales for the two systems:

6, 504, 094 - 360

7, 552, 424 - PS3

The difference here is a mere 1,048,330

Will Sony and the PS3 be able to keep their lead on the 360 until the end of the year, or will Microsoft strike back, and make sure that they win the year 2008?

This thread will be updated weekly to reflect current sales and new discussion.

Only time will tell...

Around the Network

it will be very close!.

but i doubt 360 will be able to outselling by 1 million units by the end of the year.

Yes they will, Japan will be sony's trump card, not to mention once the LBP bundle releases in Europe Im sure the ps3 will end up selling better than the 360 in OTHERS.

Though NA is a different story, its a mass market console $199, vs a very expensive console with similar games for $399.

mM

Is this a serious thread?

Valkyria00 said:

Why wouldn't it be?

360 could make up the 1 million it lost in the next eight weeks. 

Stranger things have happened.

Around the Network

PS3 will win in 2008.

I think very difficult (almost impossible) to 360 take 1 million in less than 2 months.

DMeisterJ said:
Valkyria00 said:

Why wouldn't it be?

360 could make up the 1 million it lost in the next eight weeks.

Stranger things have happened.

Ooooh! I got it wrong. I thought you meant surpass 360 in WW by the end of the year.

It might Im not sure. Still I'll be tough.

I don't think the 360 can gain that much unfortunatly. The PS3 will finally have won worldwide against something! but not by a huge amount, the 360 will eat into those sales over the next 7 weeks.

leo-j said:
Yes they will, Japan will be sony's trump card, not to mention once the LBP bundle releases in Europe Im sure the ps3 will end up selling better than the 360 in OTHERS.

Though NA is a different story, its a mass market console $199, vs a very expensive console with similar games for $399.

lol the LBP bundle is already 2 weeks available...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
leo-j said:

lol the LBP bundle is already 2 weeks available...

One week actually, IIRC.  It's been out two weeks, but we only have one week of data on it (more tomorrow).

But he's still wrong.