By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 beat 360 in WW sales for 2008?

i give it a 70-30 in ps3s favour.

Around the Network

Impossible to say. Pretty much almost all of the major exclusive software releases have been ... well, released. At this point for consumers, its all about whatever they want for Christmas time.

But, evidence has shown that people worldwide are reacting well to the new 360 prices. So price WILL be a factor. But how much? For real, we'll know after the November NPD's. I'm sure even VGC will have projections after November's numbers have solidified.

At this point, though, its anybody's guess. I would lean to a very close 'yes' for the topic at this point, just because I'm expecting sales for the PS360 to be down a bit this holiday due to the recession.

ps3 will take the year, 360 didnt outsell ps3 last year either even with all the badass games that came out and ps3 was selling like shit up until november where it started going crazy.

NJ5 said:
There are 8 weeks of sales left, that's plenty of time for the 360 to gain back some ground. Perhaps not as much as it needs for overtaking the PS3 in 2008 sales, but close.

its not like ps3 is just going to stop selling! now that all the big games have released, i dont think the 360 will outsell the ps3 by 50k+ for the rest of the year. it will probably outsell the ps3 for the rest of the year but not by much. america will be where the 360 wins.

perpride said:
I say: Where's Squilliam?

on topic: I think that the PS3 will just barely beat 360 this year. Maybe a difference of 5-6 hundred thousand. That is still pretty sad considering back in January I thought PS3 would have cut into the 360's lead by at least 2 million.

yeh well back in january we didnt know you would be bale to get a 360 cheaper than a wii and back in january people where always saying how the wii only sells because of the price. well i dont see the 360 touching it! and its CHEAPER!

Around the Network

The gap could close down to 500k victory for PS3 over X360 in WW 2008.

Like Squilliam said, let's wait for NPD date for November and December before making a full judgement.

Although honestly I see the PS3 winning by atleast 250k by the end of the year, and next year the 360 will edge out the PS3 when Sony decides to drop price in Sept/Oct and 360 counter acts by doing even cheaper.

It's just that simple.

I hope White knight Chronicles makes the PS3 sell 70k+ in Japan when it releases.

mM

A few months ago, this thread would've been pretty pointless.....

But now, I expect PS3 to win by a lead definitely less than 1 million.

WW economy problem = Cheaper systems to sell the most this holiday.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o