By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last Remnent vs White Knights Chronicles sales?

dejelek said:
after seing IGN latest LR video, and then 1080p WKC, i think TLR will have better sales, WKC is somewhat like not finished JRPG, PS2 RPG engine in HD, i don;t think it will have better sales than LR

I think WKC will get better sales in Japan since the PS3 has more userbase there than the 360.  TLR actually looks unfinished compared to WKC as the framerate seems to drop and the texture pop-ins and what not.  The graphics are great other than those issues.  BTW, how much hype do WKC and TLR have both in and out of Japan?

Around the Network

I personally wasn't very impressed by what they showed of The Last Remnant. White Knight Chronicles looks more appealing to me, but I'll probably rent or play demos on both before I make my decision. Anyway, I will go out on a limb and say WKC will sell better.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

TLR >>>>>>>>>>> WKC

Why? Simple answer.

It is made by the SaGa Team, DUH!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
TLR >>>>>>>>>>> WKC

Why? Simple answer.

If TLR does well, then it will be the first game made by the SaGa team that sells well outside of Japan.

@Euphoria

Boooooooo!

SaGa team isn't as good as the DQ 8 team!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Euphoria14 said:
TLR >>>>>>>>>>> WKC

Why? Simple answer.

If TLR does well, then it will be the first game made by the SaGa team that sells well outside of Japan.

SaGa Frontier 1 & 2 should have done better.

Stupid Westerners.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

darthdevidem01 said:
@Euphoria

Boooooooo!

SaGa team isn't as good as the DQ 8 team!

LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!

SaGa team > ALL!

Just thought I would add this in.

DragonQuest 8 sucked. Most boring JRPG I have touched in years. All my opinion of course, but that game was wretched. Why would Level-5 do that to themselves?

Give me DC3 instead.

I also prefer my giants to be mechs, big knight thing in WKC looks like ass IMO. I will probably still enjoy the game and I will without a doubt rent it, but to me TLR takes a steaming hot dump all over WKC.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Riachu said:
Euphoria14 said:
TLR >>>>>>>>>>> WKC

Why? Simple answer.

Stupid Westerners.

I know how you feel.  When you love a game really much that doesn't sell as well as you want it to, it can be a major pain.  At the same time, you can't blame people for avoiding the SaGa series like the plague.  The general opinions about the series is that it has great ideas but is marred by poor design choices.

Riachu said:
Euphoria14 said:
Riachu said:
Euphoria14 said:
TLR >>>>>>>>>>> WKC

Why? Simple answer.

Stupid Westerners.

I know how you feel.  When you love a game really much that doesn't sell as well as you want it to, it can be a major pain.  At the same time, you can't blame people for avoiding the SaGa series like the plague.  The general opinions about the series is that it has great ideas but is marred by poor design choices.

Good thing I never cared for the general opinion huh?

I am one of the fortunate ones.

How can someone not love SaGa Frontier? TimeLord > ALL.

How can someone not love SaGa Frontier 2? Gustave + Will Knight > ALL (Well... except TimeLord of course)

I also love how this dev team always tries something different yet seems to still somehow remain just perfect enough to satisfy an old school turn style JRPG fan like myself.

One of these days their ideas will bring us an amazing game and here I hope TLR is that game.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Riachu said:
Euphoria14 said:
Riachu said:
Euphoria14 said:
TLR >>>>>>>>>>> WKC

Why? Simple answer.

Stupid Westerners.

I know how you feel. When you love a game really much that doesn't sell as well as you want it to, it can be a major pain. At the same time, you can't blame people for avoiding the SaGa series like the plague. The general opinions about the series is that it has great ideas but is marred by poor design choices.

Good thing I never cared for the general opinion huh?

I am one of the fortunate ones.

How can someone not love SaGa Frontier? TimeLord > ALL.

How can someone not love SaGa Frontier 2? Gustave + Will Knight > ALL (Well... except TimeLord of course)

I also love how this dev team always tries something different yet seems to still somehow remain just perfect enough to satisfy an old school turn style JRPG fan like myself.

One of these days their ideas will bring us an amazing game and here I hope TLR is that game.

I definitely know that battle system looks very interesting and is a nice change of pace from the standard turn based battles of other turn based JRPGs.