By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last Remnent vs White Knights Chronicles sales?

OT7 said:
If SquareEnix take the bed after the Last Remnant 360's version is launched,then we have to expect flop sales for the PS3's one,Eternal Sonata and Bioshock shows how important time-exclusives affect a multi release.

I'll get along with WKC taking the crown for the end of the year at Japan.

WKC will outsell TLR in Japan but in terms of worldwide sales, it could go either way.  They are both high profile JRPGs with their fair share of hype.  They're also being published by game publishers will some serious marketing cash in their pockets.

Around the Network

WKC will beat combined Last Remnant Sales, anyone can quote me on that. Fact of the matter is that WKC is made by Level 5 whom have a fierce reputation which just keeps on growing. TLR releases on 360 first which is plain old retarded, year old ports never do well on PS3.

Had all versions of TLR released at the same time then it would very well have beaten WKC sales but I would still be doubtful. I just emphasize "had"

i actually think WKC can beat LTR in WW sales, but this of course will only happen if LTR gets average scores (high 70's low 80's) across the board, but so far its been reviewed decently, and WKC gets great scores like i think it will (high 80's - mid 90's)

now if you wanna say LTR(360) vs WKC then WKC wins hands down.
but most likely LTR (ps360) vs WKC then LTR wins in sales numbers

Riachu said:
OT7 said:
If SquareEnix take the bed after the Last Remnant 360's version is launched,then we have to expect flop sales for the PS3's one,Eternal Sonata and Bioshock shows how important time-exclusives affect a multi release.

WKC will outsell TLR in Japan but in terms of worldwide sales, it could go either way.  They are both high profile JRPGs with their fair share of hype.  They're also being published by game publishers will some serious marketing cash in their pockets.

Oh really?

The Last Remnant has hype on par with Infinite Discovery and TOV which is small.

WKC and SO4 are on par with each other in terms of hype which is a good amount.

FFXIII and Versus are on par with each other as they are FF games so hype amount is immmense

markers said:
i actually think WKC can beat LTR in WW sales, but this of course will only happen if LTR gets average scores (high 70's low 80's) across the board, but so far its been reviewed decently, and WKC gets great scores like i think it will (high 80's - mid 90's)

We have only seen two reviews and they were both from sources that many gamers consider unreliable in terms of game reviews.  Unless IGN already reviewed the game and gave it atleast a 9.0, we can't say whether the reviews are going to be good or not.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
markers said:

We have only seen two reviews and they were both from sources that many gamers consider unreliable in terms of game reviews.  Unless IGN already reviewed the game and gave it atleast a 9.0, we can't say whether the reviews are going to be good or not.

and so i repeat....so far its been reviewed decently. doesnt matter the credibility of the source. there is no denying its been reviewed decently so far.

Reject said:
Riachu said:
OT7 said:

WKC will outsell TLR in Japan but in terms of worldwide sales, it could go either way. They are both high profile JRPGs with their fair share of hype. They're also being published by game publishers will some serious marketing cash in their pockets.

Oh really?

The Last Remnant has hype on par with Infinite Discovery and TOV which is small.

WKC and SO4 are on par with each other in terms of hype which is a good amount.

FFXIII and Versus are on par with each other as they are FF games so hype amount is immmense

The Last Remnant is a high profile game.  S-E want the game to be a huge success.  At TGS 2008, there was a sizable amount of people in line to play the demo so I would say that it's hype level is more or less on par with WKC and SO4 which, just like you said, have decent hype levels.

CGI-Quality said:
I believe both WKC and Last Remnant (PS3) will outsell The Last Remnant (360) especially in Japan and Europe. No bias I'm just watching current trends in Japan, the biggest JRPG on PS3 (also on 360) sold better on PS3 so if, and I mean IF, that trend tells us anything, that would be it, that and Playstation fans are truly STARVED for a good, exclusive JRPG and since FF Versus XIII is still a ways off, WKC will really do well IMO.

I think your statement has just been proved false lol... Look at Eternal Sonata's mess... The PS3 sales for Eternal Sonata (which is the best ver available) has lower sales across all territory even in Japan... A year old port doesn't do well on PS3 even if it's a jRPG...

after seing IGN latest LR video, and then 1080p WKC, i think TLR will have better sales, WKC is somewhat like not finished JRPG, PS2 RPG engine in HD, i don;t think it will have better sales than LR

I hope WKC sells better.