By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last Remnent vs White Knights Chronicles sales?

TLR. even if next year going to PS3, still TLR> WKC

Around the Network

You cant compare TLR to WKC for the simple fact White Knight is a Sony Exclusive while TLM is a Multi-platform.

So no, just no...

As far as overall Quality goes It'll be White Knight Chronicles >>>>>>> TLR.

As far As sales goes, that could go anyway, im not man enough to try and predict though.

well i'm sorry being not clear... i am talking about TLR (360 Ver) vs WKC... even adding on the fact that TLR will come to PS3 and PC... it's not going to add very much... just look at eternal sonata...

axumblade said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
You cant compare TLR to WKC for the simple fact White Knight is a Sony Exclusive while TLM is a Multi-platform.

So no, just no...

As far As sales goes, that could go anyway, im not man enough to try and predict though.

Well you're in a bet with someone else right now. So I completely understand not betting on it. :P

lol! :P

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

So no, just no...

WKC will be better but most certainly NOT THAT much.  TLR has potential to be a great JRPG.  We have to see more reviews first since one score was very high(Famitsu-38/40) and the other was average(OXM-7/10) and both of those sources are considered unreliable with review scores by lots of people.

Around the Network
errorrrr said:
well i'm sorry being not clear... i am talking about TLR (360 Ver) vs WKC... even adding on the fact that TLR will come to PS3 and PC... it's not going to add very much... just look at eternal sonata...

@Bolded- Well thats MUCH better, in that case im willing to throw my 2 cents in i guess but only for day 1 sales and first week, i dont like doing that "Lifetime" crap...

TLR- (360 version Only) Will go for about 80k to 250k day one, and for the first week 750k, just my opinion of course.

White Knight Chronicles- 500K Day one in JAPAN ALONE, and about 700k to 1m Worldwide day one, after a week it should end up in the neigborhood of 1.5m to 2m.

Well there ya go, lol perhaps i expect to much from both games but meh oh well. :P

Do TLR really appeal to the 'traditional JP hard core gamers??" from the wiki , its seem to lack a good round out roster of "female character" that's traditional of jRPGs if you know what I mean :P

errorrrr said:
Do TLR really appeal to the 'traditional JP hard core gamers??" from the wiki , its seem to lack a good round out roster of "female character" that's traditional of jRPGs if you know what I mean :P

This game was made to appeal to the Japanese and Western gamers. The game design is more or less SaGa-esque with a unique battle system and the ability to go on sidequests instead of following the main story the entire time. This is a JRPG through and through but S-E made sure that TLR has elements that appeal to Japanese gamers and elements that appealed to Western gamers. This game was made to sell atleast a million copies.

If SquareEnix take the bed after the Last Remnant 360's version is launched,then we have to expect flop sales for the PS3's one,Eternal Sonata and Bioshock shows how important time-exclusives affect a multi release.

I'll get along with WKC taking the crown for the end of the year at Japan.

Well, even if they do get around to a PS3 version, we've seen what happens to year-old ports on PS3 now. Look at BioShock and Eternal Sonata.

And WKC will probably be a better game, so I think WKC can beat the combined sales of TLR.
It'll probably be close though.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective