By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft looks to 100 million consoles with 360, NPD to show 2:1 ratio to PS3 for October

I have bookedmarked this thread, and if i still visit these forums when the generation ends, maybe there can be crow handed out or i will eat one

How would you like your crow?  Medium rare or well done?

Around the Network

That is not going to happen PERIOD

I thought they wanted to release a new console quick? If they really want 100M, they need to prolong this gen quite a lot... And that's probably better for Sony than it is for MS. There's no way they're getting to 100M fast without coming up with something... special. And unexpected. The price is already low.

MS is not releasing a new console for another 5-6 years.

And yes you do have to touch your numbers.

Dinomax said:

I have bookedmarked this thread, and if i still visit these forums when the generation ends, maybe there can be crow handed out or i will eat one

hmm, well considering i had not put a number to my guess yet not sure, i said i felt 100 was a stretch. im going with 80 million. i think people off by more than 20 million of ending sales get to eat crow. 

the people topping it out at 40 million.... really? all that could do that now is a complete collapse of the world economy to a level that civil and world wars break out everywhere... in which case it wont really matter then..

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
goddog said:
Dinomax said:

hmm, well considering i had not put a number to my guess yet not sure, i said i felt 100 was a stretch. im going with 80 million. i think people off by more than 20 million of ending sales get to eat crow. 

the people topping it out at 40 million.... really? all that could do that now is a complete collapse of the world economy to a level that civil and world wars break out everywhere... in which case it wont really matter then..

You know we are talking about XBOX 360 numbers...

Becuase if so, would you like a pepper or mushroom sauce?  Maybe a salad to go with it?

Dinomax said:
goddog said:
Dinomax said:

You know we are talking about XBOX 360 numbers...

Becuase if so, would you like a pepper or mushroom sauce?  Maybe a salad to go with it?

yes i know, i do not believe the console gen will end before 2012 at earliest, it is a necessity for it to last that long to avoid a crash in the game market. im banking on this year being slightly up from last year after christmas. and end around 26 to 27. two more years of growth for the 360 (i see 3 years of sales growth for the ps3). the 360 put up between 39 to 41 in o9. now 2010 is where im taking the biggest risk here i see two skus at most a 129, and a 229 sku. this is the last major price drop, and the last year of growth and would put the 360 from 51-56. the year after a slight decline with 62-69, and the last year on market with out a replacement 2012 will 71-81, from here it gets even harder to guess. one model on market 129, sold for two years after its replacment is out, large drop is sales. from 79 to 92 then 86 to 101. 

i  am making large assumptions here, but this is how Ms probably has it planned out i am more pessimistic over the life than they are and when it ends production in 2014 (two years after replacement on market) its over 80 regardless in my assumptions 

edit, its too early to tell where the ps3 will end up, it needs to finnish year 3 to make a guess that wont be horrid, but it has a good chance at 100 million too, the path is there for both consoles, but each have a tough path to it, and im betting that they will end up wthin 8 million consoles  of each other 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

360 will be pushing it to reach 50 million.

chapset said:
i say it's doable, there's still a lot of ps2 gamers out there that are just waiting to get into the hd generation if the xbox is 199 now i won't be surprise to find it at 159$ in 1year, am sure it will sell like crazy, i'll probably get one at that price

Actally in Europe it is only 179 Euro for the arcade.

That is pretty ok imo for the 360.

the only way this happens is if a large number of Wii owners graduate and choose the 360...