By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft looks to 100 million consoles with 360, NPD to show 2:1 ratio to PS3 for October

u no i find the xbox 360 alright but its not special. like there are many flaws, such as tilt it wiht a disk runin and u scratch it and the RROD. it doesnt look that great either... BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THE STUPID LOGO, its a CIRCLE :)

Around the Network

I would say that I extremely doubt it. Although I can't rule it out completely. A lot of it depends on what other the console manufacturers do. Do they drop their price and when? Do they release a future console and when? If nobody releases a new console for at least the next seven or eight years. all the systems will be priced very low. We could look at a market where the Wii is less than $100 and the 360's top model could very well be under $150 and even the same for PS3 possibly.

If that was the case, anyone slightly interested in gaming couldn't pass on owning a second or even all three of the systems. And if it did get to that price, a lot of casuals would likely buy one too. So while I doubt it would happen, who knows what the future holds? So much of it depends on the competition and what they decide to do.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

40 million is more likely.

Gearbox said:
u no i find the xbox 360 alright but its not special. like there are many flaws, such as tilt it wiht a disk runin and u scratch it and the RROD. it doesnt look that great either... BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THE STUPID LOGO, its a CIRCLE :)

Stupidest reasons Confirmed?

I suppose it's possible if they go on a 20 year plan lol j/k
I'd say 50 million max and that's being optimistic.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:
starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
That's insanity. I can see the PS3 one day reching 100 million but not the 360.

What?

How does a console that is doing worse than the Xbox 360 have a valid chance of more than doubling it's lifetime sales?

$199 vs $399

Playstation 1: 104M

playstation 2: 135M(and counting)

playstation 3: XXM

Thats why the PS3 has a chance

NES: 61m
SNES: 49m
N64: 32m
GC: 21m

That's why the Wii has no chance.

lol Nice and neat reply.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Ok, it sold 21 million in 3 years

Assume that by some miracle it sells just as many in the next 3 years

42 million by this time in 2011

63 million by 2014?

84 million by 2017

98 million by 2019

Right...

It just shows that the xbox brand released 10 years too late. Playstation was the first Sony console and managed over 100 million which is simply amazing. MS release consoles which go for the same demographic as Sony consoles so no way will the 360 get 100 million with PS3 there.

lol. No, only Wii has a chance at that.

~40m is where it will end for 360.

So the 360 is on a 12 year plan? lol

It's just that simple.