By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives COD: WAW an 8.0 FAR LOWER than MOH:H2

jlauro said:
leo-j said:
This is call of duty 3

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/801849/call-of-duty-3/videos/cod3_090706.html

Was it just my playback or does it really have that bad of frame rate? I'll take SD graphics with steady frame rate over that.

It was your playback. It runs with 60FPS on my 360. Very smooth :)

Around the Network
Kulle said:
@yushire

Because I haven't played any wii fps:s, I am considering on which platform I will get this. I have to try wii fps some day. :)

But what you said about people not buying online games because they would be only playing the same game. Just take a look at the 360 top sellers. Halo 3, cod 4, gta 4, gow, forza and soon to be joining them gow 2. All of them have good online multiplayer. :p

Then buy COD: WAW wii version then you'll never be disappointed. Dont buy MOH: H2 if you dont have one yet it have horrible hit detection and the graphics is really outdated since its just polished PSP game which means a port. The only redeeming factor of it was the controls and online thats why IGN gives this game 8.4 but in today's standards its outdated right now, sorry for the fans of MOH: H2 its realy the truth.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

IGN is messed up, and so are all game review online etc.

They gave red steel (one of my favorite games) a 6 or a 7!

Sure it does not have online, but whatever, splitscreen was a blast.

And COD WaW, it easily deserved an 8.8 or 9.

I don't know what is wrong with them, but maybe they don't know how to relax and just play a game.

DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.

Soem games to some people are funner, depends on the person.

DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.

yushire said:
ameratsu said:

KylieDog is right in saying that 8 player online with 2 modes is completely inexcusable at this point. Yes, it isn't fair to compare it to HD consoles. Instead lets compare it to online enabled ps2/xbox games.

- Project Snowblind had 16 player online w/ DM, TDM, CTF, hunter modes

- Battlefield 2 (ps2/xbox versions) 24 player online w/ capture & hold, CTF modes

- Timesplitters: Future Perfect 16 player online w/  DM, TDM, CTF & other modes

- Ratchet & Clank Deadlocked 10 player online w/ DM, TDM, CTF, Conquest, Juggernaut, King of the Hill modes

Simply put, the fact that this game has 8 player online shows that this game was atleast somewhat rushed. They wanted to get the game out rather than say, give it the amount of players online that we saw frequently last generation.

Its not the point, the point was is this game enjoyable or fun or not? Is this game good or not? You're always missing the point... Even gamefaqs users says this game was good and its enjoyable the best FPS yet to come on the Wii why even comparing to PS360 versions in the topic? Is this game a PS360 game? WHY COMPARE?

I didn't compare it to any ps3 or xbox 360 games.

I said that the original xbox and ps2, systems which the Wii beats easily in hardware power each had several games with more players and multiplayer modes than this game. The Wii has been out 2 years now, developers have had plenty of time to learn it. There's absoutely no excuse at this point other than sloppy porting or rushing that a FPS on the Wii has 8 players online with 2 modes.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

IGN is ludacris.

You can unlock a vehicle perk once you have enough experience,(im guessing the first person to unlock it may take a week or so from now.)

Anyway, Gameplay is awsome, like a mix of halo and medal of honor, blended into call of duty.

If you guys want USER reviews, here's my short one.

Gameplay: 8.5/10

Sound: 8.7/10

Graphics: 9.2/10 ---for a wii game, not using quantum 3 engine, and with using component cables on a hdtv/1080p tv/plasma.

Controls: 8.0/10 ----many customizable options, more than any other wii fps game.

Online: 8.0/10----the only bad things about it are few players and no voice chat, but very fun, picks up players quickly. FCs for people with bad connections. and if you do use fc's, then there are numerous options for play.

Overall: 8.5----A game that has a good feel, online should last a while, and mostly fun storyline.

There's a user review.

DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.

Oh, and the reason they put 8-player on is because you must use different tactics, supposed to be a different feel than most games, more of an eerie supprizing feel when you play.

DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.

^ that is pure BS. they could of had a 8 player mode for an "eerie feeling" as you say but still allowed more for dm/tdm/ctf

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I played for a few hours and I thought it was pretty damn good. This game would be my first CoD game and my first online FPS game, so my opinion may be different from most. Since I haven't really experienced a game like this, I like it a lot!! XD

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

ameratsu said:
yushire said:
ameratsu said:

KylieDog is right in saying that 8 player online with 2 modes is completely inexcusable at this point. Yes, it isn't fair to compare it to HD consoles. Instead lets compare it to online enabled ps2/xbox games.

- Project Snowblind had 16 player online w/ DM, TDM, CTF, hunter modes

- Battlefield 2 (ps2/xbox versions) 24 player online w/ capture & hold, CTF modes

- Timesplitters: Future Perfect 16 player online w/  DM, TDM, CTF & other modes

- Ratchet & Clank Deadlocked 10 player online w/ DM, TDM, CTF, Conquest, Juggernaut, King of the Hill modes

Simply put, the fact that this game has 8 player online shows that this game was atleast somewhat rushed. They wanted to get the game out rather than say, give it the amount of players online that we saw frequently last generation.

Its not the point, the point was is this game enjoyable or fun or not? Is this game good or not? You're always missing the point... Even gamefaqs users says this game was good and its enjoyable the best FPS yet to come on the Wii why even comparing to PS360 versions in the topic? Is this game a PS360 game? WHY COMPARE?

I didn't compare it to any ps3 or xbox 360 games.

I said that the original xbox and ps2, systems which the Wii beats easily in hardware power each had several games with more players and multiplayer modes than this game. The Wii has been out 2 years now, developers have had plenty of time to learn it. There's absoutely no excuse at this point other than sloppy porting or rushing that a FPS on the Wii has 8 players online with 2 modes.

quoted from me:

So goodbye to COD 4 engine on the Wii then, its sad because of Treyarch's time and effort to push the Wii's hardware to the limits this is PC/PS360 engine we're talking about here. But I guess only few people buy this game so... Goodbye COD 4 engine, hardly even knew you.

And if you think this is Activision's wake up call if you didnt buy this game, then sorry it only make more reason for Activision to excuse themselves not to develop core games with good graphics because it didnt sell well.

Say hello to COD 3 ps2 engine again...

If you all dont want to buy this game then FINE. But dont be surprised if Activision stops working on COD 4 engine on their FPS titles on the Wii and gives us FPS titles shovelware like COD 3.

And whats with the online whining again, didnt you even knew this core online mature game shooter thing whatever will ruin console gaming as we knew it? Do you really want only few games will come out in the console because gamers just play the same games over and over again? Online games are too addicting for its own good that the only games 3rd publishers can develop for are these online games. Activision is becoming like that because Guitar Hero and COD games are too succesful that they can only do itterations of their Guitar Hero and COD games... Just like Id, Valvve and Blizzard did. Its the reason why the 360 is in brink of shrinking userbase right now same goes to the PS3, their userbase are shrinking because fewer and fewer games are played by these systems while the Wii is growing more userbase because they didnt do as HD consoles do... The 800,000 wiis and 371,000 360 in the month of October is a proof of it. YEAH, the 360 is still selling but for how long? They already made a price cut with the 360 and yet they still cant beat the Wii.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg