By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives COD: WAW an 8.0 FAR LOWER than MOH:H2

who really cares about capture the flag. who really plays that multiplayer mode anyways they probably didn't put in the game because of time constraints and what have u. the developers probably picked the most popular multiplayer modes and with deadline issues and hardware short falls ur going to cut some fat we all know that. hell i am happy that we even have deathmatches on the codwaw remember we were pissed that red steel and numberous other nintendo games didn't have multiplayer and now we have it we are still pissed come on nintendo version is not going have all the jazz that xbox360 and ps3 are going to have because they are not working on the wii exclusively for this particular game and probably can't handle 32 opponents in a single match.

hell we should be content that we even have multiplayer modes on codwaw and i can live with only free for all that is the most popular multiplayer mode and that is the only mode that i really play on cod. u gots to stop crying we got online mode and deathmatches dude cod is on the wii with online support isn't that awesome. if ur not satisfied with it just get the 360 version or ps3 version and stop crying.

Around the Network
sungson said:
who really cares about capture the flag. who really plays that multiplayer mode anyways they probably didn't put in the game because of time constraints and what have u. the developers probably picked the most popular multiplayer modes and with deadline issues and hardware short falls ur going to cut some fat we all know that. hell i am happy that we even have deathmatches on the codwaw remember we were pissed that red steel and numberous other nintendo games didn't have multiplayer and now we have it we are still pissed come on nintendo version is not going have all the jazz that xbox360 and ps3 are going to have because they are not working on the wii exclusively for this particular game and probably can't handle 32 opponents in a single match.

hell we should be content that we even have multiplayer modes on codwaw and i can live with only free for all that is the most popular multiplayer mode and that is the only mode that i really play on cod. u gots to stop crying we got online mode and deathmatches dude cod is on the wii with online support isn't that awesome. if ur not satisfied with it just get the 360 version or ps3 version and stop crying.

QFT though Activision should add 16 players online mode if this game became succesful(Which I doubt isnt, the posts here says it all) but I do agree with you...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire i bet when this game codwaw becomes the a big hit on the wii and sells a million which will happen because a lot of wii owners are looking for shooter especially multiplayer support. this game for the wii will sell more than any other system i think could and will happen. hopefully the developers for codwaw will wake up and put more content and what have u on the next cod. i guess u can call this a testing of the waters for fps on the wii which is stupid. hopefully enough complaints and support for the game will show the developers that are making games for the wii and multisystem to include as much content as they can no matter what system they are working on. but reviewers should be aware and review with fairness not because this version may not have all the features say the other system.

i'm sure that the developers tried to put 16 players on the online mode, but u know how much time that would take to do it and i don't think the team that worked on the wii version was big because they are probably cutting cost and trying to make as much profit as they can because i think this game cost a lot of money to make and time. so u can say they might of halved ass the wii version because they know that wii are average gamers and will not care too much that it doesn't have all the content as xbox and ps3 but as long it has basic deathmatches. hell i am happy and i consider myself to be above average gamer.

eddie182 said:
Sure MOH:H2 had decent controlls but it was a lackluster game. COD2 was far better and had far better multiplayer in my opinion. And you'd be silly to get COD:WAW on Wii if you own any other platform simply for the fact that the Wii version is horribly gymped.

Well I guess I'm just silly now aren't I.  If I get it on my 360 then I'm not getting anything original.  I mean shooters like this come out all the time.  I've already got Halo 3 and now Gears 2 and eventually Left 4 Dead... I don't need another one of those.  However on Wii, with wiimote controls it's just entirely different online for me.  Don't get to play many Wii online shooters so I'm getting something extra by getting it here.  If there is a multiplatform shooter with online and it's on Wii, then I'll probably get it on that.  I personally like wiimote controls for online shooters... gives me a sense of satisfaction when I kill people that I just don't get with dual analog.

This thread brought up good points about MoH2 vs WaW, and then trolls immediately turned it into yet another Wii vs PS360 thread.

Lame.

If you trolls cared so much about graphics and features you'd get the PC version, which has a higher rating by the way.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

kylie let me gets this straight i dont want u to lean to much on the left or the right, so ur saying that the developers shouldn't even release this pile of garbage of game because it doesn't even come close to what other systems are getting. dude that so off u know ur not going to get everything that the other systems are getting and it is pointless to think otherwise. the developers know that the wii community want fps and are going to slack a little. the wii version was not their first objective they had to make the xbox360 and ps3 first tjen they could work on the wii. they probably didn't have much time to put all the features in this game but that doesn't mean the game is not worth the money hell this game is the best multiplayer game i played so far on the wii that is fps. if u don't want this game like the millions of people who will be buying the game for the wii it is ur lost. u can always wait for the conduit. but let get to my point, so then rock band and gh shouldnt be released either because it doesn't have all the features that other system has. huh kylie sense it is crap.

sungson said:
  they probably didn't have much time to put all the features in this game but that doesn't mean the game is not worth the money hell this game is the best multiplayer game i played so far on the wii that is fps. if u don't want this game like the millions of people who will be buying the game for the wii it is ur lost. u can always wait for the conduit.

I am curious, what kind of sales you are expecting for the wii version? Obviously millions, but how many?

edit: Stupid internet connection, and Im full out with my reply >:| The message didnt come out! Im gonna reply that again later... I forgot what I'd say...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

KylieDog said:
sungson said:
kylie let me gets this straight i dont want u to lean to much on the left or the right, so ur saying that the developers shouldn't even release this pile of garbage of game because it doesn't even come close to what other systems are getting. dude that so off u know ur not going to get everything that the other systems are getting and it is pointless to think otherwise. the developers know that the wii community want fps and are going to slack a little. the wii version was not their first objective they had to make the xbox360 and ps3 first tjen they could work on the wii. they probably didn't have much time to put all the features in this game but that doesn't mean the game is not worth the money hell this game is the best multiplayer game i played so far on the wii that is fps. if u don't want this game like the millions of people who will be buying the game for the wii it is ur lost. u can always wait for the conduit. but let get to my point, so then rock band and gh shouldnt be released either because it doesn't have all the features that other system has. huh kylie sense it is crap.

IGNORE THE HD VERSIONS.  Pretend they don't exist.

CodWaW multiplayer on Wii is still crap.  It lacks -basic- things that multiplayer FPS games should have.  Things that games from 2 generations ago included.

It obviously is in the state it is in because of time demands, it needs be released with the HD versions.  I'd rather wait 6 months and get some decent games modes and amount of players.

Yeah, you should too. I still dont get it why you want online anyway if you really need to be it online then just buy a PC. And dont post about I have a wii I am a fan of Ninty  again Im sick of it... Im a PSX and a PS2 fan before but now Im more into Wii right now because the Wii have what HD consoles dont have... WII ISNT BECOMING LIKE PCs like HD consoles did...  You play consoles not because of online multiplayer aspect of it, but because of buddy gathering and singleplayer aspect of it. And you should wait too because The Conduit is the only game you will play for awhile in a long time.

The reason why HD consoles sells less but they sell alot of software wasnt because of the userbase or install base, its not that at all... Its because HD console games are becoming fewer and fewer because more and more HD console gamers playing the games online and dont buy other games that much at all. Theyre sticking to the games that they bought and not buying the other games on their console just like PCs did.

Wii core owners like the Wii not because most games comes out of it are online, its because the games on the Wii are good even mostly of them are shovelwares. Online multiplayer was just a bonus. And to finish this post, these are the online shooter games that are million seller so far on the 360:

Halo 3, COD 4, Gears of War, COD 2, COD 3, Gears of War 2, Army of 2

Only few after all wasnt it?  After all, most online gamers just sticking to the games they played and play it online. Im a online CS gamer before, I knew this even there are games that comes out I didnt upgrade my PC to buy those games. Instead Im just playing CS online I mean why not? Mostly everyday there are new maps and skins that you can download to your game why need for new games?

E3 2010- Tape runs out

I'm still gonna get the Wii version.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"