By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives COD: WAW an 8.0 FAR LOWER than MOH:H2

What bothers me is that most reviewers compare the Wii version of a game with its HD counterparts and gimp the Wii one, yet when the game manages to nail the controls and enhance the experience, the Wii version gets no praise.

For me, at least FPS really can get to the next level if they nail the Wii characteristics, particularly the controls; nobody seems to care though (developers and gamers alike)

Another thing is that lately, every single Wii review is an endless rant and bitching about all the wrong reasons. I have lost faith in IGN and almost every reviewer on earth. God bless gameplay videos.

Around the Network

""""An FPS with 8 players only online is like buying a fighting game and finding out it only has 2 characters.""""

my best fps experience is when i play with 4 to 8 players (sometimes less)

what is the point in having 16 or 32 players? u are alive for 1 second and then u get killed

where is the gameplay?

i prefer less players so i can hide or search for others and it's a better way to prove your skill

to me this adds more to the gameplay

my friends agree as well

what is the point to spawn in the middle of gunfights all the time? (this is what happens when a game supports a lot of players)

Sure MOH:H2 had decent controlls but it was a lackluster game. COD2 was far better and had far better multiplayer in my opinion. And you'd be silly to get COD:WAW on Wii if you own any other platform simply for the fact that the Wii version is horribly gymped.

Gamerace said:
 Tightness of controls, maybe, granted but how much does that really matter?

Youll be suprised just how much a difference it makes. You said you had MoHH2, and somehow i dont believe you. The online is the only reason i play the game, its that good. Keep in mind this is on Wii only, im not talking about HD consoles. If you do have an HD console, then why the hell did you get MoHH2?

I just want to point somethings out.

-MoHH2 is NOT a PSP port, it was built ground up on Wii (as with it psp cousin)

-Id be very skeptical if someone says MoHH2 is an overall better game than WaW, since nearly everything about MoHH2 (from graphics to modesto campain) was really pretty bad. But thats not why people buy FPS. People buy it for the multiplayer, and thats where it shines. I dont have WaW, but based on what ive read the online sounds very interesting.

Kenology said:
noname2200 said:
MoH it is, then, at least for a while. Glad to hear I've got more money to spend elsewhere!

And by "elsewhere," I mean at the nearest bar. Ahh, the sweet embrace of artificial unconsciousness...

I'm gonna have to ditch you guys and go with Call of Duty. I love the controls of MOHH2, but there are some qualms I have with hit. Such as:

- having to switch to grenades instead of having a dedicated button for them. Why the hell should you have to put away your gun to throw a grenade?

- it's too sanitized. FPS is the one genre I feel should always be rated 'M', particularly if they're based on wars...

- I can't stand the circle reticle. I feel like my aim is off because of it.

On Wii FPS you actually follow the reticulte?  Haha it's not necessary for me on Wii FPS.  Generally just a guideline but usually I feel where I'm shooting haha.  As long as I know I"m pointing at the TV I wouldn't even have to look haha.

Around the Network

Oh btw flamethrower plus wiimote: is just too awesome haha.

Anyways between MOHH2 and COD: WaW here's the breakdown:

Single Player- WaW
Controls- MOHH2
Online- WaW
Graphics- WaW
Effects- WaW
Content- WaW

In every way but controls, I'd say WaW is the better game, but 32 multiplayer online with the best controls FPS has too offer really is a big point for MOHH2. But 8 player online with all the other things WaW has with controls that still work quite well is good enough to warrant a purchase. This is a Wii shooter that is worth going for. But if you are skeptical, The Conduit is right around the corner which is probably the complete package of the 2 games.

senortaco said:
Guovssohas said:
8.0 is a good score.

Now i will get this one. :)

Agreed. I own the game, I agree with IGN on the controls, MOH needs a sequel cause of their controls alone, but other then that it's not .4 points lower then MOH, if anything it deserves at least as 8.8 to a 9.0. It's a good game.

sidenote: Is anyone going to start a league for it? I want to join...I didn't join  the MOH one but I want to joint this one...

Like I said before, theyre into reviews to give this game a chance... just go to this thread, there are leagues and clans they want to set up for it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=946229

OR goto IGN messageboards and exchange friend codes dont goto gametrailer forums though, one of the mods of nintendo wii lobby there was a HD console fanboy, just look at the threads locked in daily basis.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I was dissapointed after reading the review because there's only 8 player multiplayer as opposed the normal 16 that was promised, and most of the different matches like Capture the Flag, War, and Search and Destroy were nixed... there's only Team Deathmatch, Free-for-all and Hardcore TDM. Plus no tanks.

It's a shame, because the game itself is actually pretty solid judging by the reviews and videos I've see... the single-player campaign is basically the same as the 360/PS3 versions, the action and the visuals hold up pretty well for the Wii, and there's also a semi-co-op mode where a second person can help out and shoot light-gun style at the screen while player 1 is controlling the character and playing like normal.

Oh well... here's hoping that The Conduit will finally deliver the definitive Wii FPS experience!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Zucas said:
Oh btw flamethrower plus wiimote: is just too awesome haha.

Anyways between MOHH2 and COD: WaW here's the breakdown:

Single Player- WaW
Controls- MOHH2
Online- WaW
Graphics- WaW
Effects- WaW
Content- WaW

In every way but controls, I'd say WaW is the better game, but 32 multiplayer online with the best controls FPS has too offer really is a big point for MOHH2. But 8 player online with all the other things WaW has with controls that still work quite well is good enough to warrant a purchase. This is a Wii shooter that is worth going for. But if you are skeptical, The Conduit is right around the corner which is probably the complete package of the 2 games.

That sounds pretty good , now I just need to get some $$$ had to drop some on car repair :/  .

yeah for this mode you are right you need a little more players