By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives COD: WAW an 8.0 FAR LOWER than MOH:H2

Kulle said:
@yushire

No. Not yet.

Seem you're negative before whats the sudden change of mood lately?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

i've 1 question 4 ign when they compare the graphix on the wii version with the graphix on the HD console they knew the HD console will blow us out but when it comes 2 where the wii is shining in the gameplay they didnt compare it with the HD console becuz they knew the wii will blow them out so they compare it to moh:2 i just wonder did they say the control in the HD console is suck becuz the wii version control is better not only in this game iam talking in general cuz everytime there is a game on the wii they talk about the graphix , does ign do the same thing with HD console when it comes 2 contrrol

yushire said:
Kulle said:
@yushire

No. Not yet.

Seem you're negative before whats the sudden change of mood lately?

Hehe. Mainly reviews. :) I thought that waw would automatically suck, but since 360 version has some decent reviews I decided to wait for few reviews for wii too. Still, I am most likely to get the 360 version. But you never know. ;P

ameratsu said:

KylieDog is right in saying that 8 player online with 2 modes is completely inexcusable at this point. Yes, it isn't fair to compare it to HD consoles. Instead lets compare it to online enabled ps2/xbox games.

- Project Snowblind 16 player online w/ DM, TDM, CTF, hunter modes

- Battlefield 2 (ps2/xbox versions) 24 player online w/ capture & hold, CTF modes

- Timesplitters: Future Perfect 16 player online w/ DM, TDM, CTF & other modes

- Ratchet & Clank Deadlocked 10 player online w/ DM, TDM, CTF, Conquest, Juggernaut, King of the Hill modes

Simply put, the fact that this game has 8 player online shows that this game was atleast somewhat rushed. They wanted to get the game out rather than give it the amount of players online and number of modes that we saw frequently last generation.

Dont forget Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for the Wii supports 32 players, so its not that the Wii cant handle it.

*makes mental note to up online mode for Transient Shift to 16 players*

I was playing CoD:WaW last night.

I have to agree with both viewpoints here though.

It's the best FPS on Wii currently (IMO) and it's a lot of fun. Since I don't have another console it's worth having so I can frag from my couch.

However, on my laptop I sometimes play UT2004 and that has a lot more modes and vehicles and stuff and that was out 4 years ago. Heck the original UT has a lot more modes than CoD on Wii and that's ancient by gaming terms. Really in my mind Capture the Flag is one of the most basic modes and it shouldn't be missing here (or some objective best mode).

On the flipside, I don't want the Wii to become a FPS box either, at least not in the way the HD consoles are. HD consoles are associated with teens and single guys playing for hours and hours - alone. That's a videogame stereo-type that the Wii is breaking and for the Wii to go that same way would be tragic. I'd rather Nintendo made Mario Paintball with split-screen multiplayer that was also online. That would be Wii. Play with your friends/family and online at the same time (like Mario Kart or SSBB). If that was the case I wouldn't care one rats ass if it was only 8 people and deathmatch.

But currently CoD:WaW while a solid game to have realizes neither possibility and does seem like a gimped experience because of it.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:

I was playing CoD:WaW last night.

I have to agree with both viewpoints here though.

It's the best FPS on Wii currently (IMO) and it's a lot of fun. Since I don't have another console it's worth having so I can frag from my couch.

However, on my laptop I sometimes play UT2004 and that has a lot more modes and vehicles and stuff and that was out 4 years ago. Heck the original UT has a lot more modes than CoD on Wii and that's ancient by gaming terms. Really in my mind Capture the Flag is one of the most basic modes and it shouldn't be missing here (or some objective best mode).

On the flipside, I don't want the Wii to become a FPS box either, at least not in the way the HD consoles are. HD consoles are associated with teens and single guys playing for hours and hours - alone. That's a videogame stereo-type that the Wii is breaking and for the Wii to go that same way would be tragic. I'd rather Nintendo made Mario Paintball with split-screen multiplayer that was also online. That would be Wii. Play with your friends/family and online at the same time (like Mario Kart or SSBB). If that was the case I wouldn't care one rats ass if it was only 8 people and deathmatch.

But currently CoD:WaW while a solid game to have realizes neither possibility and does seem like a gimped experience because of it.

Now there's an idea... combine the creativity of Mario Paint with the fast-paced action of paintball!  Alt.ough Nintendo might consider that to be a little too edgy for their casual audience, i would love to see a Mario Paintball game!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

It's amazing all these people coming in here talking about the game when they HAVEN'T played it. Seriously if ya haven't played it that's great but don't talk like you have. Features are just features and you don't know how good they are until ya experience it.

leader_e said:
i've 1 question 4 ign when they compare the graphix on the wii version with the graphix on the HD console they knew the HD console will blow us out but when it comes 2 where the wii is shining in the gameplay they didnt compare it with the HD console becuz they knew the wii will blow them out so they compare it to moh:2 i just wonder did they say the control in the HD console is suck becuz the wii version control is better not only in this game iam talking in general cuz everytime there is a game on the wii they talk about the graphix , does ign do the same thing with HD console when it comes 2 contrrol

NO. theyre always too biased of the wii because it isnt their console of choice. Better research on user impressions of Wii games than believe in reviews.

@kulle---> If you have a 360 then buy that version instead, but if you're into different gaming experience with the wiimote then buy the Wii version... But I suggest you buy the 360 version the Wii version are for the ones who only have the Wii.

@kyliedog----> YOU'RE VERY VERY WRONG in your points, MK Wii is still selling only proves my suspicion once you're playing a online game you only play that game till another new online game comes along. Same goes with Call of Duty and Guitar Hero games lately... Why do you need another Guitar Hero if you can just download songs for it? Same goes with Call of Duty 4, thats why its still selling. A very very risky move the developers made sooner or later Activision just firing their workers and closing their studios because the only games that are selling was COD and Guitar Hero. Same thing happened with Blizzard, Valve and Id. Counter Strike was still the most played online game so why the reason to make another IP besides Half Life and Counter Strike and other mods like Team Fortress

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@yushire

Because I haven't played any wii fps:s, I am considering on which platform I will get this. I have to try wii fps some day. :)

But what you said about people not buying online games because they would be only playing the same game. Just take a look at the 360 top sellers. Halo 3, cod 4, gta 4, gow, forza and soon to be joining them gow 2. All of them have good online multiplayer. :p

Zucas said:
It's amazing all these people coming in here talking about the game when they HAVEN'T played it. Seriously if ya haven't played it that's great but don't talk like you have. Features are just features and you don't know how good they are until ya experience it.

from frybread:

This thread brought up good points about MoH2 vs WaW, and then trolls immediately turned it into yet another Wii vs PS360 thread.

Lame.

If you trolls cared so much about graphics and features you'd get the PC version, which has a higher rating by the way.

Because HD console owners wants to compare multiplat titles from the Wii even we all knew the Wii versions and HD versions are VERY VERY DIFFERENT, except for kyliedog he is just confused. This thread is supposed to be why COD: WAW is 8.0 while MOH: H 2 gives a 8.4 its even in the title but hey... Im enjoying the debate anyway.

E3 2010- Tape runs out