By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Kitase and Nomura will leave square enix after FFXIII.

Good.

If they leave and form a new company, Sony can buy them off easily and finally form a first party RPG team...

But it's really sad to see what has happened to the company. Seriously, Wada is that much disliked? commerical vision? fuck that shit, take me back to the SNES-PS1 era! seriously, JRPG's are starting to fade. Bring back your old talent! Xenogears sequel now!

Around the Network
c0rd said:
Reject said:
c0rd said:
Reject said:
MrBubbles said:
idk if this is true...it certainly doesnt sound believable...

but anyways...if i had an employee make comments like that about me...he would be fired yesterday

Considering those 2 emplyees are the biggest in SE and arguably in the whole of the Japanese gaming industry, something tells me Wada would let them say what they want as long as they remain.

I'm curious, how come people seem to disclude Nintendo when they make statements like this? I see it often enough, even Kojima said something that would disclude Nintendo from "the Japanese gaming industry."

How about because I was talking about employees and not businesses......

So, do you believe Kitase or Nomura have influence anywhere close to Miyamoto's?

Or is he not an employee? I'm sure there are others, though.

Miyamoto is the biggest developer in the gaminf industry IMO, well anyone with a brain knows he is. I was simply making a point about how important Kitase and Nomura are in SE but you being the pathetic little boy you are had to make a storm in a tea cup due to me not mentioning Miyamoto.

Honest to god, these guys are really not professional in their industry. Business is Business but never let your personal opinion influence your decisions, unless it is about Ethics.

Xen, Nintendo owns most of the original team for xenogears. Monolith Soft.

Also Uematsu left because he knew he could make more money on two songs as an independent than working for SE doing one whole album. My favorite guy Sakaguchi left, because he was punished and pushed down the latter.

I know I keep adding things, but from what I been reading these two are doing it because they are letting fanboyism cloud judgement. Agreed I hate CEO Wada aswell, but his decisions tend to be good for business.....as much as fans might hate it.

Reject said:
c0rd said:
Reject said:
c0rd said:
Reject said:
MrBubbles said:

but anyways...if i had an employee make comments like that about me...he would be fired yesterday

Considering those 2 emplyees are the biggest in SE and arguably in the whole of the Japanese gaming industry, something tells me Wada would let them say what they want as long as they remain.

I'm curious, how come people seem to disclude Nintendo when they make statements like this? I see it often enough, even Kojima said something that would disclude Nintendo from "the Japanese gaming industry."

So, do you believe Kitase or Nomura have influence anywhere close to Miyamoto's?

Miyamoto is the biggest developer in the gaminf industry IMO, well anyone with a brain knows he is. I was simply making a point about how important Kitase and Nomura are in SE but you being the pathetic little boy you are had to make a storm in a tea cup due to me not mentioning Miyamoto.

Uh, okay? I didn't realize I said something that would create such hostility.

@Xen: Seems like their old talent is gone... I mean, what have they done these past few years?

@FinalEvangelion

Who was the Square CEO when Sakaguchi and Uematsu left?

Around the Network

@Acevil

Hey man, I´m out of the loop as to why so many people have been disliking this CEO Wada for quite some time now....what´s happening?

c0rd said:
Reject said:
c0rd said:
Reject said:
c0rd said:
Reject said:
MrBubbles said:

Uh, okay? I didn't realize I said something that would create such hostility.

@Xen: Seems like their old talent is gone... I mean, what have they done these past few years?

Save for Crisis Core and KH2... nothing I liked. And that's the problem.

Also, Acevil... Nintendo are a very smart company to own Monolith Soft! :D thanks for letting me know.

They talked about this on the 1up podcast.

where they also said other sources pointed Kitase & Nomura were very displaeased with the FF13 announcement n apparently Kitase was super pissed off cus Nomura still got to keep his project exclusive

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

JGarret said:
@Acevil

Hey man, I´m out of the loop as to why so many people have been disliking this CEO Wada for quite some time now....what´s happening?

The thing is he has a big mouth for one. He kinda acts like a PR for microsoft in some of his speeches. He has insulted both ps3 (not knowning what it is) and wii (just a toy). I could find the article but it might be a year old.

Second he is the one who most likely made Final Fantasy 13 not exclusive, and made SO4 and IU exclusives for now.

I believe he is the one who has been incharge of most of Square-Enix's Life.

Acevil said:
JGarret said:
@Acevil

The thing is he has a big mouth for one. He kinda acts like a PR for microsoft in some of his speeches. He has insulted both ps3 (not knowning what it is) and wii (just a toy). I could find the article but it might be a year old.

Second he is the one who most likely made Final Fantasy 13 not exclusive, and made SO4 and IU exclusives for now.

I believe he is the one who has been incharge of most of Square-Enix's Life.

I don't know what's your motive but.. AMEN!