By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Kitase and Nomura will leave square enix after FFXIII.

@Aceevil

was he Squaresofts original CEO or Enix's??

Wada's an idiot!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@Aceevil

Wada's an idiot!!

If you were hoping to place the blame on Enix... Nice try!

But he's Squaresoft's guy -_-

Me can't wait for SE to be in deep shit... They've lost their luster and that's a fact! They've been doing remakes like crazy....

It's funny we're only about to see one FF in this gen(Setting aside remakes and focusing on PS360) when back then they we're consistently realeasing FFs from Squaresoft days back in the last generations.

c0rd said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Aceevil

Wada's an idiot!!

Surprising... I thought he was an Enix man.

I blame... FF: The Spirits Within!

c0rd said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Aceevil

Wada's an idiot!!

Yes, but he took the presidency in 2001, at the time Squaresoft was beginning its decline (right after Spirits Within). He wasn't the president during Square's best era (that was Takashi Suzuki)

Around the Network

I don't understand when some of you say that kitano and nomura don't act like business man... In fact, there not, there artists, and they act like artists. The thing is that the release of FFXIII on 360 has been kept secret and they learned about that during last E3, or a few days before... I'd be pissed off too!

And we have to be serious, I haven't played XIII yet (of course ...) but both FFX and FFXII weren't as good as the holy trinity (FFVI, VII, VIII). Maybe a new big RPG franchise has to be created, something brand new, something made by nomura and kitase, ..., for the ps3 of course =p

Tremble said:
And we have to be serious, I haven't played XIII yet (of course ...) but both FFX and FFXII weren't as good as the holy trinity (FFVI, VII, VIII).

... O_O why no mention of IX when everyone knows it was the best ?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

IX wasn't the best, weird design (especially in the end), classic story (the princess who wants to be free), the co-existence of two world, too short and a little too "girly" in my opinion. It's a excellent RPG, but just a good FF.

MrBubbles said:
Tremble said:
And we have to be serious, I haven't played XIII yet (of course ...) but both FFX and FFXII weren't as good as the holy trinity (FFVI, VII, VIII).

... O_O why no mention of IX when everyone knows it was the best ?

First, because it wasn't. Second, because neither Nomura nor Kitase worked on it.

To add a bit on my previous sentence, I always felt that IX was extremely overrated, it's just a decent RPG, but a big letdown after 6,7 and 8. The story was very shallow for me, most characters were annoying (except Vivi), and the battle system just didn't feel right, I never got to like it

I'm sure (if this is in fact true) that they were pressed to do some things and make some changes to the game to appeal to a wider audience. I'm sure they are being limited in what they are being allowed to do and I think they are unhappy with that.
With the way Squeenix has been acting lately it is not surprising.
I miss SS and the old days where they were putting out top tier games 5 times a year, instead of 2 good games every 4 years.