By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Kitase and Nomura will leave square enix after FFXIII.

You forgot what Kitase and Nomura dont like each other. I only see one of them leaving( in 10 or so years) and this is not Nomura.

There are no indicators of him being unhappy with all these recent events. Actually judging by his latest interviews and the video report about the company he made himself for DKSigma event, it seems to me he is pretty happy with how things are going. Maybe he even wants Kitase to leave, who knows?

But anyway, there is one thing I've learned during the last 5 years: Gaming industry is not like Movie industry - creators names dont matter here. Sakaguchi and Matsuno pretty much proved that to me.

Around the Network

idk if this is true...it certainly doesnt sound believable...

but anyways...if i had an employee make comments like that about me...he would be fired yesterday

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

but anyways...if i had an employee make comments like that about me...he would be fired yesterday

But it's the employee who's directing the most important project your company has for the next two years, and with Nomura they are two of the most talented developers in the industry. I'd certainly hesitate in firing them

EDIT: I forgot it was Kitase, not Nomura who said that

MrBubbles said:

Considering those 2 emplyees are the biggest in SE and arguably in the whole of the Japanese gaming industry, something tells me Wada would let them say what they want as long as they remain.

Reject said:
MrBubbles said:

Considering those 2 emplyees are the biggest in SE and arguably in the whole of the Japanese gaming industry, something tells me Wada would let them say what they want as long as they remain.

I'm curious, how come people seem to disclude Nintendo when they make statements like this? I see it often enough, even Kojima said something that would disclude Nintendo from "the Japanese gaming industry."

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Wouldn't bother me either way really. Nomura and Kitase have successfully submarined what use to be my favorite RPG franchise.

This!

i wouldnt care if the employee lays a dozen golden eggs on my desk every morning.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

c0rd said:
Reject said:
MrBubbles said:

I'm curious, how come people seem to disclude Nintendo when they make statements like this? I see it often enough, even Kojima said something that would disclude Nintendo from "the Japanese gaming industry."

How about because I was talking about employees and not businesses......

It probably has less to do with the 360 stuff, and more to do with the tensions with Wada. From what I know, Sakaguchi and Uematsu left for similar reasons.

SCEJ would have a nice home for both of them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up there.  It seems that Sony gives alot of freedom to First/Second party to try new stuff, and that's what I love about Sony.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Reject said:
c0rd said:
Reject said:
MrBubbles said:

How about because I was talking about employees and not businesses......

So, do you believe Kitase or Nomura have influence anywhere close to Miyamoto's?

Or is he not an employee? I'm sure there are others, though.