By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who (by now) DOESN'T think KH3 will hit the Wii?

Nonquihote said:
There will be Kh and Kh spin off.

That teaser trailer SE released looks to good to be done on the Wii. Do we know which one that was ?

Who knows if that was a spin off or KH3 but I cna say that was CGI at the end of a PS2 and nothing more than a teaser trailer

Around the Network

If KH3 really had been in development since E3 2006 for ps3 exclusive I think there would be some announcement about it by now. Its in Sony's best interest to keep the big announcements coming. If it doesn't come by TGS...

From what I heard they weren't going to start development on KH3 until after Versus XIII, but considering how long the PS3 FF's are taking to develop and the amount of problems they've been hitting, I don't see them sticking to that plan at all. If KH3 goes into development anytime soon, it's almost certainly going to be for Wii.

The next game coming is the spinoff. That'll be at TGS...they might announce KH3, but don't expect anything. Last thing Nomura said on the subject of the spinoff is that it would be for a handheld. So unless he just randomly changed his mind, all those people claiming spinoff for Wii don't know what they're talking about. It's either getting KH3 or nothing at all.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
From what I heard they weren't going to start development on KH3 until after Versus XIII, but considering how long the PS3 FF's are taking to develop and the amount of problems they've been hitting, I don't see them sticking to that plan at all. If KH3 goes into development anytime soon, it's almost certainly going to be for Wii.

The next game coming is the spinoff. That'll be at TGS...they might announce KH3, but don't expect anything. Last thing Nomura said on the subject of the spinoff is that it would be for a handheld. So unless he just randomly changed his mind, all those people claiming spinoff for Wii don't know what they're talking about. It's either getting KH3 or nothing at all.

Yeah it would be cool if they announced KH3 at TGS.  I'm also interested in the spinoff (the trailer at the end of Final Mix) which they say will be shown at TGS.  From the trailer and Nomura's comment that the graphics on it are impressive I'm pretty sure it will be on the PS3 or 360 (or both), but maybe we'll see some other KH stuff.  Maybe a handheld KH?  Maybe a KH3 announcement?  Who knows, either way TGS is worth looking forward to.

From my understanding the current KH director (who also has been doing many of the Final Fantasy games) is a complete Sony supporter. So technically, unless square forces him, he'd never put it on a Nintendo platform. (I'm sure he had nothing to do with the GBA spin-off)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

I think it really matters when it began development ...

If development started much before E3 2006 I would bet Kingdom Hearts 3 would be developed for the Nintendo DS or PS3; if it began after the launch of the PS3 and Wii it will certainly be developed for the Wii. There is about a 6 month grey period which I can't say for sure which system would get it.

I extreemly doubt, that square enix would bring a game that big to the ds..it would sell well, but it would really shame the fans. A spin off could have been made during that period.

mM

Why would you think Kingdom Hearts will be on the Wii? because it would be so much better with motion controls? I would guess it will be out for a Playstation brand I don't know if that means PS2 or PS3 but maybe if they planed on PS2 Wii could get a port. I would just tend to think PS3 is most likely while a PS3/360 release would be totaly forseable.

Why would you want this game on the Wii? motion control would suck. I would much rather see square make a game for the Wii that plays towards its strengths. I really want to see Kingdom Hearts in Next gen form so a Wii KH3 would be disapointing I like seening Past FF characters in great form and we have seen most on the PS2 so now I wanna see those guys look even better

Guys KH3 isn't being announced at TGS this year, you're mis-interpreting what was said a long time ago. They said the next KH game will be announced but it won't be KH3 (ie: it'll be a spin-off). The main guy behind the KH series is now working on FF13 Versus which isn't gonna be done for 2-3 years so don't expect KH3 for a long time.

Mark my words, KH3 will be for the DS.

Soriku, I can't believe how often you call other people fanboys. Look at yourself!