By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who (by now) DOESN'T think KH3 will hit the Wii?

NorthStar said:
Why would you think Kingdom Hearts will be on the Wii? because it would be so much better with motion controls? I would guess it will be out for a Playstation brand I don't know if that means PS2 or PS3 but maybe if they planed on PS2 Wii could get a port. I would just tend to think PS3 is most likely while a PS3/360 release would be totaly forseable.

Why would you want this game on the Wii? motion control would suck. I would much rather see square make a game for the Wii that plays towards its strengths. I really want to see Kingdom Hearts in Next gen form so a Wii KH3 would be disapointing I like seening Past FF characters in great form and we have seen most on the PS2 so now I wanna see those guys look even better

I'm not saying it will be on the Wii (though I can hope as I have one), but they don't have to heavily use motion controls. They could leave them out completely if they can't find any practical use for their gameplay. Some games have seemed like they've just had motion control thrown in just to use them, but I don't see every game needing to use them. I think I remember plenty of early DS games doing it too with the touch screen, but some games now hardly use it.

I do know several people who this game is a system seller for them. Maybe not until the prices of consoles come down more though.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
KH I and II ports would be a good test to see if it would work on Wii (which it would.)

No more ports of 2 year old games... seriously enough.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

naznatips said:
DonWii said:
http://www.kingdomhearts3.net/tetsuya-nomura-interviewed/

About the new Kingdom Hearts title that will be announced after summer this year (2007), will that be a direct sequel?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm…I’m not sure how much I can say. I’ll start of by saying that it’s not Kingdom Hearts 3.”

What platform does it look like the next game will be released on?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm… Probably a hand-held platform. Right now we’re working on titles for the PSP (FFVII Crisis Core), Nintendo DS (This Wonderful World) and for mobile phones (MONOTONE), so I wouldn’t be surprised if it were on any of those platforms.”

Good interview.

Oh wow... I missed the handheld part. Now I DO expect a DS game.

And I expect a PSP game.  It's similar to the PS2 in power and that's what the first 2 KH games are on.

Also, the PSP redesign that you seem to think didn't improve anything is actually a worthy upgrade.   The load times are better and with the old battery the battery life is much better (not a problem for me, but I do have a Nyko Case with an X2 battery as well).  33% lighter is pretty good considering the design of the original was so good.  Video out is a great option for bringing the games and movies to the TV after you get home.  Those are 3 great upgrades.

The DS to DS-lite was impressive because the original design was clunky.  I almost think Nintendo does it on purpose.

Anyway, we'll see, but I'll have to get a DS at some point to play this and that GBA game (DS plays GBA advance games I hope). 

The only real thing to suggest this could possibly be a Wii game is that its development hadn't started before the Wii had yet to prove itself so I think its a fair bet that Squeenix would want to actually turn a profit on one of their games and put it on something that sells well (Wii). And you know a Wii KH3 would be a dynamite slam dunk. (And you know that fact alone gets under the skin of some pretty obviously aggrevated members in this thread).

On the topic of the PSP possibility, I don't know what's up with that. The guy already said the spin-off was going to be on a handheld so we know KH3 has gotta be at least on one of the home consoles. And I think having already commited enough FF games to the PSP (especially games committed before the sucky launch of the PS3, the last possible hope of salvaging the PSP's appeal) Squeenix is not going to gamble with anymore games on that platform, at least not with anything that isn't an expendable remake or spin-off that is. And since we've already seen a KH spin-off on a Nintendo handheld, I don't know why they wouldn't just put the this spin-off on the DS while they were at it too.

Hell, the more I talk the more I convince myself both have to be on Nintendo consoles, lawl! Who knows though.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

windbane said:
naznatips said:

And I expect a PSP game. It's similar to the PS2 in power and that's what the first 2 KH games are on.

Also, the PSP redesign that you seem to think didn't improve anything is actually a worthy upgrade. The load times are better and with the old battery the battery life is much better (not a problem for me, but I do have a Nyko Case with an X2 battery as well). 33% lighter is pretty good considering the design of the original was so good. Video out is a great option for bringing the games and movies to the TV after you get home. Those are 3 great upgrades.

The DS to DS-lite was impressive because the original design was clunky. I almost think Nintendo does it on purpose.

Anyway, we'll see, but I'll have to get a DS at some point to play this and that GBA game (DS plays GBA advance games I hope).

DS does indeed play GBA games.

I would just like to comment that I would personally expect a DS game, the marketshare is there and I cant help but think that the DS is a more RPG friendly system than the PSP. I dont actually know why I think that but I do.

Around the Network
libellule said:

what is KH3 ?

sorry not able to guess ...

Ketroid Hrime 3.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
windbane said:
naznatips said:
DonWii said:

About the new Kingdom Hearts title that will be announced after summer this year (2007), will that be a direct sequel?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm…I’m not sure how much I can say. I’ll start of by saying that it’s not Kingdom Hearts 3.”

Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm… Probably a hand-held platform. Right now we’re working on titles for the PSP (FFVII Crisis Core), Nintendo DS (This Wonderful World) and for mobile phones (MONOTONE), so I wouldn’t be surprised if it were on any of those platforms.”

Good interview.

Oh wow... I missed the handheld part. Now I DO expect a DS game.

And I expect a PSP game. It's similar to the PS2 in power and that's what the first 2 KH games are on.

Also, the PSP redesign that you seem to think didn't improve anything is actually a worthy upgrade. The load times are better and with the old battery the battery life is much better (not a problem for me, but I do have a Nyko Case with an X2 battery as well). 33% lighter is pretty good considering the design of the original was so good. Video out is a great option for bringing the games and movies to the TV after you get home. Those are 3 great upgrades.

The DS to DS-lite was impressive because the original design was clunky. I almost think Nintendo does it on purpose.

I'd expect DS when it comes down to Handheld vs. Handheld for these reasons:

Square Enix seems to support the DS much more, which isn't all that surprising considering most of their sales come from Japan and the DS sells 6 times as many games as the PSP in Japan (12 times as many if you don't count Monster Hunter, which literally counts for half of PSP Japanese software sales over the last 7 months).  They also have a game from the KH team (including it's lead developer, Nomura) currently being made for the DS called It's a Wonderful World (though it's themes are much darker than KH themes).  It's possible that this game is being created partly as a way to get the developers familiar with the DS hardware.  I would expect the DS over the PSP, mostly because SE simply shows a large amount of support for the DS and some tentative support for the PSP. 

DonWii said:

Good interview.

He wouldn't be surprised if the next platform for Kingdom Hearts is CELL PHONES?  Scary!  (I'm sure there was some reason he had to mention all the platforms they were developing for...)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!