By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who (by now) DOESN'T think KH3 will hit the Wii?

naznatips said:
roadkillers said:
Maybe thats why there putting so many FF games on the PSP to pump fans up (or build an install base) for FFVII:CC.

I think that's exactly why there are so many old FF game ports on the PSP, however as a current PSP owner, it pisses me off that all of them are remakes.  When they beefed up their DS support they hardly made any remakes, so I don't see why I'm getting crap like FFI and FFII (seperately at full price 30 bucks) but getting Dragon Quest Heroes and Monsters, FFIII, Tactics Advance, and Revenant Wings on the DS.  I mean I understand showing somewhat more support to the DS since it is the more powerful platform in both hardware and software sales (especially in Japan, where it outsells PSP software like 6 to 1), but if you are going to try and build up a fanbase on a system how about some NEW games.

FF:crisis core is goin to kik ass bro trust me, that will push hardware. I really think kh will be on the psp since the new redesigned psp will probably up sales WW and it will hit 35million sooner or later, but Out of the games on the ds, square enix has brought out its potential.

mM
Around the Network
roadkillers said:
Maybe thats why there putting so many FF games on the PSP to pump fans up (or build an install base) for FFVII:CC.

There's only 2 FF games on the psp

mM

KH I and II ports would be a good test to see if it would work on Wii (which it would.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

leo-j said:
naznatips said:
roadkillers said:

I think that's exactly why there are so many old FF game ports on the PSP, however as a current PSP owner, it pisses me off that all of them are remakes. When they beefed up their DS support they hardly made any remakes, so I don't see why I'm getting crap like FFI and FFII (seperately at full price 30 bucks) but getting Dragon Quest Heroes and Monsters, FFIII, Tactics Advance, and Revenant Wings on the DS. I mean I understand showing somewhat more support to the DS since it is the more powerful platform in both hardware and software sales (especially in Japan, where it outsells PSP software like 6 to 1), but if you are going to try and build up a fanbase on a system how about some NEW games.

FF:crisis core is goin to kik ass bro trust me, that will push hardware. I really think kh will be on the psp since the new redesigned psp will probably up sales WW and it will hit 35million sooner or later, but Out of the games on the ds, square enix has brought out its potential.

I don't see the redesign boosting sales.  It didn't change anything in the PSP (didn't even make it much slimmer) other than it's weight by a small amount.  Square Enix also seems to support the DS much more, which isn't all that surprising considering most of their sales come from Japan and the DS sells 6 times as many games as the PSP in Japan (12 times as many if you don't count Monster Hunter, which literally counts for half of PSP Japanese software sales over the last 7 months).  They also have a game from the KH team (including it's lead developer, Nomura) currently being made for the DS called It's a Wonderful World (though it's themes are much darker than KH themes).  It's possible that this game is being created partly as a way to get the developers familiar with the DS hardware.  Honestly, I see it being on a home system anyway, but if it DID go portable, I would expect the DS over the PSP. 

naznatips said:
leo-j said:
naznatips said:
roadkillers said:

I think that's exactly why there are so many old FF game ports on the PSP, however as a current PSP owner, it pisses me off that all of them are remakes. When they beefed up their DS support they hardly made any remakes, so I don't see why I'm getting crap like FFI and FFII (seperately at full price 30 bucks) but getting Dragon Quest Heroes and Monsters, FFIII, Tactics Advance, and Revenant Wings on the DS. I mean I understand showing somewhat more support to the DS since it is the more powerful platform in both hardware and software sales (especially in Japan, where it outsells PSP software like 6 to 1), but if you are going to try and build up a fanbase on a system how about some NEW games.

FF:crisis core is goin to kik ass bro trust me, that will push hardware. I really think kh will be on the psp since the new redesigned psp will probably up sales WW and it will hit 35million sooner or later, but Out of the games on the ds, square enix has brought out its potential.

I don't see the redesign boosting sales.  It didn't change anything in the PSP (didn't even make it much slimmer) other than it's weight by a small amount.  Square Enix also seems to support the DS much more, which isn't all that surprising considering most of their sales come from Japan and the DS sells 6 times as many games as the PSP in Japan (12 times as many if you don't count Monster Hunter, which literally counts for half of PSP Japanese software sales over the last 7 months).  They also have a game from the KH team (including it's lead developer, Nomura) currently being made for the DS called It's a Wonderful World (though it's themes are much darker than KH themes).  It's possible that this game is being created partly as a way to get the developers familiar with the DS hardware.  Honestly, I see it being on a home system anyway, but if it DID go portable, I would expect the DS over the PSP. 

Oh but it will, just the new colors can boost sales in the U.S, however I agree with you to the point of the ds, square enix has always favored the best selling system.

mM
Around the Network

http://www.kingdomhearts3.net/tetsuya-nomura-interviewed/

About the new Kingdom Hearts title that will be announced after summer this year (2007), will that be a direct sequel?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm…I’m not sure how much I can say. I’ll start of by saying that it’s not Kingdom Hearts 3.”

What platform does it look like the next game will be released on?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm… Probably a hand-held platform. Right now we’re working on titles for the PSP (FFVII Crisis Core), Nintendo DS (This Wonderful World) and for mobile phones (MONOTONE), so I wouldn’t be surprised if it were on any of those platforms.”

Good interview.

DonWii said:
http://www.kingdomhearts3.net/tetsuya-nomura-interviewed/

About the new Kingdom Hearts title that will be announced after summer this year (2007), will that be a direct sequel?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm…I’m not sure how much I can say. I’ll start of by saying that it’s not Kingdom Hearts 3.”

What platform does it look like the next game will be released on?
Tetsuya Nomura: “Hmm… Probably a hand-held platform. Right now we’re working on titles for the PSP (FFVII Crisis Core), Nintendo DS (This Wonderful World) and for mobile phones (MONOTONE), so I wouldn’t be surprised if it were on any of those platforms.”

Good interview.

Oh wow... I missed the handheld part.  Now I DO expect a DS game.

There is a thread about the interview here:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4852&start=-0

DonWii said:
There is a thread about the interview here:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4852&start=-0

Sorry DonWii,  I think that is the 2nd time somone has done that to you today ><

To Each Man, Responsibility

Third, since I just posted one on the Today show, but with the video. However, the old one updated with the video, so mine became pointless. Though, my title was more subtle than the other one.