By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Play on Wii" Lamentations

@Grey Acumen: some people will just hate the Wii on principle, what that principle is exactly they're not sure, but logic be damned.

@Voltaire: I agree with your first point but i don't necessarily think Nintendo is trying to sell to people who already have the game. If you are the kind of person who has the GC version and still wants the Wii version, then you are a huge fan and will probably buy it with or without any extra content. I'm not sure if you are going to expand your potential client basis by any significant amount above these two groups by adding a little extra content.

OT: I'm definitely keen to pick up the Pikmins as i never played them and i'd rather pay a little extra for the Wii controls rather than just getting the Cube versions. If Mario Tennis has excellent controls i'd consider that as well despite having the Gamecube one but the controls would have to be excellent.

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:

I swear, they aren't actually angry about the pricing, they're angry at the fact that their arguments about lack of decent wii games and how Wii controls can't make games more fun than classic controls are about to be blown out of the water.

This haha... this is how the haters work.  They nitpick at anything and when it goes away they are going to find something else to nitpick at.  Wii has had good games for awhile now, it's just the haters would love to keep making people think it doesn't.  If it didn't have good games people like me wouldn't own close to 40 of them. 

But it's the nature of the beast when your on top your going to have the biases against you because they don't want you there adn they'll get at anything no matter the repercussions. Is it justice?  Absolutely not and they should all be shot but unfortunately they can say what the want.  Best thing for people to do is label them the jackasses they are and ignore them haha. 

I just don't see why it's so imperative for people to hate something so much.  Seriously grow up.

this is why I love VGChartz. Even if people don't agree, they still are about 300% smarter/logical about their rational than any other gaming site I see.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Lol ya i noticed that too! Most people anyway :P

I'm with you on #2 and #4, Grey. I didn't have a GC and when my former roommate had one, a lot of the games he had turned me off because I didn't feel like getting used to the controls. Metroid Prime (1 & 2) and the Pikmins are going to be purchases for me since my situation is as previously mentioned.

I'll essentially be starting clean in terms of consoles, so I have few reasons not to get the others, too! I'm foaming at the mouth thinking about the Metroid Prime games, though. :D

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

I may try the Metroid Prime and Pikmin ones.

Voltaire said:
Lol ya i noticed that too! Most people anyway :P

Well, of course, you can't expect perfection all the time. Sometimes you just don't like something cause you don't want to like it and there's really no place to go from there.

Personally though, even if I had the games, I'd still start selling the gamecube versions now as soon as I got wind of them coming to Play on Wii. At this point in time, you still stand a decent price when you sell them, but once the Wii versions hit, that'll drop drastically. Once they're announced, you can wait for the Wii games to hit second hand and only end up having to shell out a couple extra bucks. Even if it's too much or you don't like the Wii version, just drop back and rebuy the gamecube version back. Since the price will almost definitely drop by that point, you may still end up not losing a cent on the whole process, even if you end up just buying the gamecube game back.

Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

Grey Acumen said:
this is why I love VGChartz. Even if people don't agree, they still are about 300% smarter/logical about their rational than any other gaming site I see.

Serious question.........Is that a sarcastic remark?......I dont go to a lot of game boards but I find that hard to be true...

Either way for me, at the right price point new controls is worth it. Id really like to try prime 3 controlls on 1 and 2. Those are the best single player FP games out there IMO.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:
Grey Acumen said:

Serious question.........Is that a sarcastic remark?......I dont go to a lot of game boards but I find that hard to be true...

Either way for me, at the right price point new controls is worth it. Id really like to try prime 3 controlls on 1 and 2. Those are the best single player FP games out there IMO.

You have no idea how low the internet can go.

I traded in my GC versions of MP1 and 2 when these Wiimakes were announced. I love Metroid enough that I want the definitive version of these games. I'm also looking forward to Pikmin, which I have not seen at local game stores at all.

So for Metroid I'm a Nintendo Whore and for Pikmin I'm a non-Nintendo gamer. :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

CDiablo said:
Grey Acumen said:

Not being sarcastic at all. Thing is, even here, you have the occasional troll. Some of them are trolls just to be irritating, but then you also have some who are trolls and wind up with a thread that has a lot of heated debate but also some well thought out debate. Whether the trolls actually intended this or not, I honestly like when this happens. I've seen too many threads where people make some stellar observations and logical thoughts, and the thread just disappears and is buried.

With other forums, you don't just have people TRYING to be trolls, you have people being trolls in a way that you can tell that they seriously believe what they are saying. there might be a few of those types here, but they usually either A) get banned, B) Get ignored and leave, C) Get told they're wrong, and all the reasons why, and leave, or D) Get told they're wrong and all the reasons why, and realize some of the rational behind the like/hate of game/console/company and begin posting with a little more thought. (rare, but it does happen)