By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Play on Wii" Lamentations

haxxiy said:
What about (even if minor) graphical improvements? =/

I don't see Nintendo realistically doing much more than maybe improving the textures a little and possibly increasing the framerate a tad. Anything further than that and you're practically going to building the game back up from scratch, which just isn't cost or time effective.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

I'm really interested in how these titles are going to sell. Will they beat their GC counterparts?

Mario Power tennis should have a shot at it if a Wii Mario Tennis isn't released before late 10 or 11. (1.22M)

I don't think any of the Metroid Prime's will beat themselves though, but MP1 Wii could beat MP2 GC in sales (1.29M)

And I think Pikmin 2 should be able to beat the GC one (1.06M)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I would buy the metroids if they changed that crappy water.

BTW MP1&2 could be released in a single disc.

I'm partly in Number 2.... but I think there should e a 5th category for Nintendo Gamers who just didn't buy the games the first time.

I am considering Pikmin/Pikmin2 as well as Metroid Prime 1 and 2 giving that I really liked Prime 3 which I bought recently.

I'm in category #2. I would have bought MP3 with my Wii, but everyone said after using the MP3 controls the MP controls would feel unplayable. I ended up buying MP 1 week before "Play on Wii" was announced. MP is a great game, but my biggest grip is the controls. I will definitely wait for MP2 to be released and might even buy MP again if I like the controls.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
What about (even if minor) graphical improvements? =/

I believe Nintendo mentioned in interviews that all Play on Wii games will display in true 480p widescreen.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I don't really consider it a graphical improvement unless it will improve things no matter what TV you use. I'm still stuck with Composite and 3:4 screen size, so 480p widescreen isn't going to do much for me just yet.
Then again, I suppose it increases the value of purchasing a TV that can handle that, but I still think it's primarily going to be the controls that make the difference.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her