By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Play on Wii" Lamentations

I am looking forward to Jungle Beat. I liked that game in my GC but can't find it anywhere with the bongos.

I hope they release Wind waker too ^^

Around the Network

I love the thought of Play on Wii. All my Gamecube games were stolen, so I have pretty much no GC games (only SMS and SSBM). I'm also the kind who loves replaying games, and I really want to play Wind Waker again, as I barely remember it. I also want Pikmin 2, and possibly Metroid Prime, as I never played those two, but I played MP3 and Pikmin 1. I didn't fall completely for any of those two, but MP1 and Pikmin 2 are both said to be better. I'm also a huge tennis fan, and I'd love to try Mario Tennis with Wii controls.

I honestly see no problem in the Play on Wii games.

- They're awesome for people who didn't own a Gamecube

- They're awesome for people who live in countries that have overpriced games and/or close to no used games stores and in an area were almost no online sites will ship used games. I myself have that problem, and would need to pay 50 euros or more for Pikmin 2 and tWW.

- Great for replaying games.

Negatives

- None really. Well, you could say that some people won't purchase them as they already own the game, but that gets kind of stupid. And it isn't like this stops Nintendo from making their other games, as adding Wiimote controls cannot take that long.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Some games (most) won't make a difference going from GC to Wii since they were designed with GC controller in mind.

However, other games, such as RE Wii, makes night and day difference and worth the upgrade.

If it doesn't interest you, just look away, it wasn't targeted to you anyways.

Mario Tennis is probably going to make a big difference, assuming they didn't do a shoddy job at waggling.

i might get some of these if their for games i never had on the gc, but i already own pikmin 1&2

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Need I point out that used copies of Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are going for about $30 and $50, respectively?

I'll gladly pay $30 new for each with improved controls and 480p widescreen.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Need I point out that used copies of Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are going for about $30 and $50, respectively?

Problem is, at once Play on Wii comes out, they won't cost 30 and 50. They'll drop in price.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Garcian Smith said:

Problem is, at once Play on Wii comes out, they won't cost 30 and 50. They'll drop in price.

Not necessarily. Re-releases of games generally don't drop the prices of the original versions. See: Castlevania SotN on the 360, PS3, and PSP; Super Mario RPG and Secret of Mana on the Virtual Console.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Garcian Smith said:

Not necessarily. Re-releases of games generally don't drop the prices of the original versions. See: Castlevania SotN on the 360, PS3, and PSP; Super Mario RPG and Secret of Mana on the Virtual Console.

But this is an improved version. Unless they mess up the controls, Pikmin 2 Wii will be better than the original, and that is more likely to drop the price than an equally good version, right?

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Garcian Smith said:

But this is an improved version. Unless they mess up the controls, Pikmin 2 Wii will be better than the original, and that is more likely to drop the price than an equally good version, right?

All of the games I mentioned are improved versions. SotN displays in HD, and the VC games can be suspended, display extremely well with component cables, and all are more convenient (no bulky, error-prone cartridges or discs to handle).

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Garcian Smith said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Garcian Smith said:

All of the games I mentioned are improved versions. SotN displays in HD, and the VC games can be suspended, display extremely well with component cables, and all are more convenient (no bulky, error-prone cartridges or discs to handle).

I guess you're right then. Toûche.