By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angery Video Game Nerd

the best one is the one with Top Gun.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I almost die with the "flying testicles" thing xD xD xD xD xD XD

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

enjoy:

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

I keep trying to enjoy the nerd but I really can't.

A lot of his rants seem less funny and more just kind of dumb to me.

What, did the Angry Video Game Nerd become famous?

I fought he was just a private person uploading game reviews with a lot of swearing on YouTube.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

I think you're trying too hard or you misunderstand where the entertainment value is. I enjoy Angry Video Game Nerd videos, but there's very rarely a laugh out loud moment for me when I'm watching them.

I enjoy watching episodes to discover bad, old games I've never heard of. In general, I think he's quite unfunny, especially when he repeats sh*t, f*ck and ar*e (or a combination of them) as punchlines to his jokes. I don't find poo humour funny, but then again, I don't post comments on GameTrailers either.

What I find entertaining is the insight he offers into the shoddy design of the games. Some of his analogies, like the shifting maze analogy for Silver Surfer are really quite intelligent. It's not funny, but watching him demonstrate just how unplayable some of those old games were makes for moments of disbelief.

I wish he'd drop the swearing and the toilet humour, and just give us straight reviews of bad games with his fantastically negative outlook on them. I know I'd enjoy that much more, but if you can ignore the bad gags, they're still enjoyable as is (IMHO).

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

The Lurker said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I think you're trying too hard or you misunderstand where the entertainment value is. I enjoy Angry Video Game Nerd videos, but there's very rarely a laugh out loud moment for me when I'm watching them.

I enjoy watching episodes to discover bad, old games I've never heard of. In general, I think he's quite unfunny, especially when he repeats sh*t, f*ck and ar*e (or a combination of them) as punchlines to his jokes. I don't find poo humour funny, but then again, I don't post comments on GameTrailers either.

What I find entertaining is the insight he offers into the shoddy design of the games. Some of his analogies, like the shifting maze analogy for Silver Surfer are really quite intelligent. It's not funny, but watching him demonstrate just how unplayable some of those old games were makes for moments of disbelief.

I wish he'd drop the swearing and the toilet humour, and just give us straight reviews of bad games with his fantastically negative outlook on them. I know I'd enjoy that much more, but if you can ignore the bad gags, they're still enjoyable as is (IMHO).

Retro reviews might be more interesting but I doubt he'd get the ratings he does now without the swearing sadly.

Otherwise I agree with you.

Wow, his dedication is unbelievable. What a nerd!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

The Lurker said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Exactly... For example the Vic 20.  I have been around games for my entire life, and I had never heard of that console.  When he reviews those old clunkers.  I find my-self able to tune out the swearing, and just stand in amazement of the old crap we use to game on.

BTW... Does anyone feel the need for a sticky on this?  I’ll keep posting, and adding them to the thread chain as the videos come out almost by monthly, but a sticky might be nice to have.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

He snuck this one past me.  It came out 1/7/2009.