By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ATTN: HEAVY RAIN - 30 MINUTES - UNVEILED. Cinematic Gaming has arrived.

Frökking awesome!!

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

The voice acting is really B grade btw, how can a story heavy game not have awesome VO's? I don't understand why so many studio's can't seem to afford great VO talent.

DTG said:
The voice acting is really B grade btw, how can a story heavy game not have awesome VO's? I don't understand why so many studio's can't seem to afford great VO talent.

Remember, this has nothing to do with the real game, and so I think it is quite plausible that QD didn't want to spend a fortune on high quality voice actors for it.

I saw it, thats freaking awesome, pure innovation

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

DAAAAAYUM!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I seriously can't wait for this game....

4 ≈ One

DTG said:
The fact that there are no cutscenes is troubling. Too many developers are jumping on the whole "omg no cutscene" bandwagon and their storylines are suffering as a result (and before you bring up Bioshock or Half life, no, their storylines are quite pitiful if pitted against an AAA movie or book script). Nevertheless the game is looking good and hopefully the story isn't compromised for the sake of gameplay nor is it delivered in a bland, artificial fashion as the audio diaries were in Bioshock.

Yes obviously the way for games to come into their own as a storytelling medium is for them to turn into movies. Someone get this man a game designing job, stat!

On topic: I have very little faith in Quantic Dream. Like every other game they've made, Heavy Rain will probably be amazing in the first hour or so, and then slide steadily down a very slippery, muddy hill of suck. But they could surprise me; I, for one, wholly support the increasing prominence of cutscene-free games.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

@ DTG

what games would you say have AAA storys?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
@ DTG

what games would you say have AAA storys?

Don't start DTG talking about game stories, or he'll go on for hours about how MGS4 is as deep as Kafka or something.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Gah! I want to watch, but the internet on my hotel is slow as hell!