By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ATTN: HEAVY RAIN - 30 MINUTES - UNVEILED. Cinematic Gaming has arrived.

MGS definitely has a better storyline than a game that has a silent protagonist with no character development or a game that relies on audio diaries for every bit of storytelling.

Around the Network

lol, this game's controls are like a racer! =P

You move your head with the left stick, then press R2 to move in the direction you're looking at. Pretty intuitive if you ask me. I have to finish watching the video, but the loading is incredibly long! @_@

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

DTG said:
The fact that there are no cutscenes is troubling. Too many developers are jumping on the whole "omg no cutscene" bandwagon and their storylines are suffering as a result
(and before you bring up Bioshock or Half life, no, their storylines are quite pitiful if pitted against an AAA movie or book script). Nevertheless the game is looking good and hopefully the story isn't compromised for the sake of gameplay nor is it delivered in a bland, artificial fashion as the audio diaries were in Bioshock.

The quality of a game's story has nothing to do with whether or not it is being told through cutscenes.  It has more to do with how well it is told, how good the pacing is, and how going the writing and/or VA is.

Garcian Smith said:
woopah said:
@ DTG

what games would you say have AAA storys?

Don't start DTG talking about game stories, or he'll go on for hours about how MGS4 is as deep as Kafka or something.

MGS4's story was deep.  It successfully finished plotlines started in previous games in the series.  It also made quite a few people cry.

Man, their servers are getting hammered.

What I'm hearing is that it plays like Indigo Prophecy with suped-up PS3 graphics. That is, indeed, pretty compelling.

I'll have to watch the video tomorrow, or whenever the servers are less, you know, decimated.

Around the Network
DTG said:
MGS definitely has a better storyline than a game that has a silent protagonist with no character development or a game that relies on audio diaries for every bit of storytelling.

I don't think any sane person can argue with that, though let's keep this thread clean.

I'm fairly interested about this game myself as i loved Indigo Prophecy :)

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Hey congrat a new PS3 owner: ME!

^ congratz

DTG: I wouldn't worry about the game's storyline. I hesitate to use the term 'interactive movie' when describing this game, as many haters have latched onto the term in an attempt to degrade it, but it certainly does blur the line between videogame and movie (in a good way, IMO).

It's very much a story driven game. It might not have cut scenes, but it doesn't need them at all. All the story elements occur whilst you're playing. Imagine MGS4's cut scenes, but with the ability to move around and control your character in them, actively altering the narrative's direction in real time as you do so.

I thought cinematic gaming arrived like 11 years ago?

Anyways, I don't want to watch 30 minutes of Heavy Rain because personally that's just too much of the game for it not to ruin something significant for me. I feel the only people that should watch it are people that don't care about the game in the first place, and those people wouldn't want to see it, so no one should watch it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.