By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ATTN: HEAVY RAIN - 30 MINUTES - UNVEILED. Cinematic Gaming has arrived.

Preface: If your not going to watch the video and remark with talking points made by haters who have yet to understand how the game works, please see yourself to the back button in the upper left hand corner.

Link to video -

http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen13496_heavy-rain-public-presentation-video.html

Its been two and a half years since the initial casting video, and all we have to show for it is a trailer.  That is, until, TODAY.

After seeing this video, one thing is for certain: Heavy Rain is the one of the defacto ground breaking, innovative, and cinematic experiences to ever herald the software space.

We've heard glowing previews of Quantic Dream's PS3 exclusive Heavy Rain- and the fact that remains, most people have unanswered questions. 

This thirty minute presentation is not even in the final game, its just a set piece to show off how the game will play.  This is truly ground breaking shit right here folks.    We know NOTHING about the real story in the game.

Ladies and Gentelman, THIS IS LIVING.

Only on Playstation 3.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network

...video is taking forever to buffer...

...I loved Indigo Prophecy.... I NEED this game...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

- It is possible to hear what is happening in the mind of the character, so the player knows the different choices that are available.

- No loadings in the game!

- Backgrounds are fully interactive (all objects can be used, all doors can be opened, etc.).

- The player has to maintain several buttons to stay hidden, uncomfortable situation for the player to reproduce the same stress in the game.

Crazy

Maybe this will change my mind about the game. QTEs for an entire game just sounds bad.

It's taking forever to load, though. :(

does the video take time to download or is it broken?

Around the Network

The video is so broken. The game sounds very cool though.

It's not broken. It just takes FOREVER to download.

it's 166mg that's not much
gotta try finding the video somewhere else

Makingmusic get on AIM buddy ;).

There is a torrent and megaupload link I can post. Yes, I was both afraid of the QTE fest, and now I'm sold.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

I would watch but to hell with spoiling the experience im staying the hell away from that video.

Tease.