By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ATTN: HEAVY RAIN - 30 MINUTES - UNVEILED. Cinematic Gaming has arrived.

Onyxmeth: This isn't actually the game. It has a different storyline to the actual game. It's more of a tech demo, showing off what is they'll be doing without spoiling the actual game's storyline.

I believe they said this is what they'll be using as the demo as well.

Around the Network
Hyams said:
Onyxmeth: This isn't actually the game. It has a different storyline to the actual game. It's more of a tech demo, showing off what is they'll be doing without spoiling the actual game's storyline.

I believe they said this is what they'll be using as the demo as well.

If it's that video where a chick gets attacked by some dude in a house, then I hear it's not part of the main cannon but is related to the game's story somewhat. I just know how story driven this game will be, and I'd rather keep it fresh until I can actually sink my teeth into it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I thought cinematic gaming arrived like 11 years ago?

Anyways, I don't want to watch 30 minutes of Heavy Rain because personally that's just too much of the game for it not to ruin something significant for me. I feel the only people that should watch it are people that don't care about the game in the first place, and those people wouldn't want to see it, so no one should watch it.

What they show has nothing whatsoever to do with the game's story, though.  They made up characters and a scenario just for the purposes of the demo.  They were more showing off the engine than anything else.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I was going to watch a little bit...and I did....But after seeing 3 minutes of just her eyes I was getting really peeved(like - really really peeved) because it takes so long to load. So I only watched a little bit of....not her eyes.
So I'll say this. The game does look very interesting and unique. The graphics are fantastic - I thought I was still watching the cutscene after she got off her bike. I hope it turns out well because we need more variety in our games.

It was nerve-wracking just watching someone else playing the game. I was nearly jumping out of my seat. I want this game now haha

Around the Network

cant wait!!

Some important (french) comment during the video :

- this a demo NOT related to the true game
- u can interact with everything
- no loading times
- It was made at the end of 2007 !
- at some moment, when the bad guy runs after the girl in the house, u are directly controling the girl using the paddle, it is not a cutscene according to the speaker even if it looks like one. At others moment it is more like a classical QTE (fighting the bad guy)

Time to Work !

This sounded very interesting in writting in the previews after Lepzig, and now that I have seen it with my own two eyes I can honestly say it has lived up to the hype. I hope the finall product does not differ much from this demo setting wise. Having a game set in such an everyday enviorment is somthing I have been looking forward to for a very long time.

The way this game tells the story is something that will have to be very tested. As much as I love Bioshock the pacing just did not work for the story. Like metioned earlyer the voice diaries were poorly exicuted. I can not count how many times there was something crazy going oun and I completly missed what the story was about. It was easy to go back and relisten, but it does break up the flow. Since this game continues the story in a new direction if you die, and never makes you replay any protion, I think they will be able to avoid this problem.

Graphics wise this game is just flat out stunning. With this and Killzone 2 doubts about whether the Alferd Molina tech demo, or the Killzone 2 trailer are possible, can now be put to rest. The details in this game are what really sells it. The dishes in the sink, the pictures on the wall, tables with personal belongings, and everything else scattered about the house give it a feeling of believability. One of the best things about this game, and Killzone 2 graphics wise is how they avoid that texture on polygons look. Both games do something that gives every object on the screen a look of mass. A good example from this scene is the couch. It looks like you could take off the cushions, and pull the stuffing out of them. No other game besides K2 and HR have given me this illusion. Every other game object just look like they are set pieces. Like a childs toy were every thing is plastic.

This game looks like it could start a very nice genre of gaming. I know Sony claims it will be out next year, but if it needs more time I hope they don't rush it. This game needs to be polished just like they are doing with Killzone 2. Good enough to ship is not when I want this game. I want it to be good enough to ship, and then I want them to give it to a test audiance. After that I want them to look at all the feedback, and make sure any nagging problems are fixed. When a game has a shot at something special, giving it the time to be perfected is well worth the wait.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
This sounded very interesting in writting in the previews after Lepzig, and now that I have seen it with my own two eyes I can honestly say it has lived up to the hype. I hope the finall product does not differ much from this demo setting wise. Having a game set in such an everyday enviorment is somthing I have been looking forward to for a very long time.

The way this game tells the story is something that will have to be very tested. As much as I love Bioshock the pacing just did not work for the story. Like metioned earlyer the voice diaries were poorly exicuted. I can not count how many times there was something crazy going oun and I completly missed what the story was about. It was easy to go back and relisten, but it does break up the flow. Since this game continues the story in a new direction if you die, and never makes you replay any protion, I think they will be able to avoid this problem.

Graphics wise this game is just flat out stunning. With this and Killzone 2 doubts about whether the Alferd Molina tech demo, or the Killzone 2 trailer are possible, can now be put to rest. The details in this game are what really sells it. The dishes in the sink, the pictures on the wall, tables with personal belongings, and everything else scattered about the house give it a feeling of believability. One of the best things about this game, and Killzone 2 graphics wise is how they avoid that texture on polygons look. Both games do something that gives every object on the screen a look of mass. A good example from this scene is the couch. It looks like you could take off the cushions, and pull the stuffing out of them. No other game besides K2 and HR have given me this illusion. Every other game object just look like they are set pieces. Like a childs toy were every thing is plastic.

This game looks like it could start a very nice genre of gaming. I know Sony claims it will be out next year, but if it needs more time I hope they don't rush it. This game needs to be polished just like they are doing with Killzone 2. Good enough to ship is not when I want this game. I want it to be good enough to ship, and then I want them to give it to a test audiance. After that I want them to look at all the feedback, and make sure any nagging problems are fixed. When a game has a shot at something special, giving it the time to be perfected is well worth the wait.

This is one of the things cutscenes have over voice diaries.

HR just looks unbelieveable.  Indigo Prophecy's graphics looked dated even in 2005 yet this game just looks amazing.  This is very remarkable since HR is being made by the same people that made IP.  HR was given a very high budget if those graphics are of any indication.

i sooo f-ing want this!