By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ATTN: HEAVY RAIN - 30 MINUTES - UNVEILED. Cinematic Gaming has arrived.

Oh god that was fantastic, I had goosebump during the second run through! I absolutely love the old fiml reel effect too.

Around the Network

AHA, i have only seen abit so far but SEE!!! there was this one guy who doubted the Blu-Ray Hi Res Theory! well... im not sure if this is it, but DAMN it comes freakin close to it! this game OWNES everything i've seen as of yet, i hate to say it but even KZ2 got owned!

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
CAL4M1TY said:
so the fight begins:

MGS4 VS Heavy Rain for the ultimate undisputed interactive movie championship of the world!

Sorry I was dying to say that...

As a PS3 owner, I'm excited PS3 is getting a game that's not exactly conventionally, but I have no interest in this game personally.

Well something only half negative from you? WHAT A TWIST!?!?!?!

Anyways yeah its loading for me to, and OMG i had no clue this game was so badass until just 3.12 seconds ago, looks like MGS4 may be dethroned at some point by PS3's latest CINI Exclusive title!!!

Don't make me laugh... this looks good but nowhere as good and as interesting as the MGS universe.

Ah, did I say it looks absolutely stunning in the gfx department? not so intereting in gameplay though.

Xen,

u do know we know nothing about the story as the demo is just a technical/gameplay demonstration

Time to Work !

Xen said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
CAL4M1TY said:
so the fight begins:

MGS4 VS Heavy Rain for the ultimate undisputed interactive movie championship of the world!

As a PS3 owner, I'm excited PS3 is getting a game that's not exactly conventionally, but I have no interest in this game personally.

Anyways yeah its loading for me to, and OMG i had no clue this game was so badass until just 3.12 seconds ago, looks like MGS4 may be dethroned at some point by PS3's latest CINI Exclusive title!!!

Don't make me laugh... this looks good but nowhere as good and as interesting as the MGS universe.

Ah, did I say it looks absolutely stunning in the gfx department? not so intereting in gameplay though.

I didnt mean by story dude, i mean graphics wise, once the game is 100% done it'll blow even MGS4 out of the water, and thats saying ALOT!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Xen said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
CAL4M1TY said:
so the fight begins:

I didnt mean by story dude, i mean graphics wise, once the game is 100% done it'll blow even MGS4 out of the water, and thats saying ALOT!

I agree with Sixaxis, when the game is FINISHED, then we should judge the gameplay, which at this point, should turn into one of the most compelling experiences this gen.

They said that about Indigo Prophecy, too. Good game! Not fantastic.

Didn't they make a game called dragon slayer that was exactly like this? Nothing but quick time events in a cinematic world to simulate playing a cartoon or in this case a movie?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Didn't they make a game called dragon slayer that was exactly like this? Nothing but quick time events in a cinematic world to simulate playing a cartoon or in this case a movie?

Dragon's Lair. It's a very old arcade game. The entire game is a Don Bluth cartoon where you must press a certain button at various times to keep it going otherwise you get a death sequence. So yeah a living QTE event. Heavy Rain isn't quite there, but it will probably use QTE more than most games ever made with them in it. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I would probably play it regardless just for story. I played Shadows of Destiny on PS2 just for story, and while it was torture as a game, I couldn't put it down until it was finished.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I guess it's easier to get great graphics while making a QTE heavy game.

Looks like indigo prophecy for the current gen...thats ok with me.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling