By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's first (and second) party developers are finally hitting their stride

Of course, as far as quality goes its going to be first

sorry about the double post

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

final fantasy 13 and versus!!!
opps its for 1st and 2nd party developers... sorry sorry

Munkeh111 said:
Well ND have said they think that they will have the same release pattern as last gens, so Uncharted 2 in 2009, then I'm thinking Jak IV in 2010 (hopefully)

They obvious question is will we be getting games in 2010? Other than ND and Insomniac, I can't think of any other studios to be able to make games for then

I do believe that ND will return to Jak for at least one game after Uncharted 2, and my only worry is that they may have to take two years to transition between franchises, since they won't be able to reuse any assets from the Uncharted games.

As for other studios that could be working on games for 2010, there have been strong rumors that Sony Liverpool is working on an action game called The Protector that apparently puts Killzone 2 to shame in the graphics department.  They have to be working on something, and they already have plenty of experience with the ps3's hardware through the development of WipEout HD and Formula One CE.  Since Sony lost the F1 license, they've had plenty of time to start work on another title in addition to WipEout HD (it's only a PSN title, after all) over the past year and a half.  Even if this rumor proves false (and I don't think it will) we should see at least something from them in 2010.

There are also rumors that Sony London has been working on another title since even before the Getaway 3 and Eight Days were canceled.  The only bad thing about the rumor is that it's yet another FPS.  :/  Anywho, hopefully we'll see something nice from them besides casual stuff and home.

And of course Sony bend could always be working on a Syphon Filter for ps3.  It seems to me that they've been made permanent PSP developers, though, what with their work on the Syphon Filter series on the platform, and now Resistance Retribution.

SCEJ hasn't really stepped up to the plate yet this gen, so we might see something from them.  We'll at least get Trico for 2010, assuming it doesn't make it out in 2009

Also, as far as I am aware Incognito is NOT being shut down.  Those were only rumors.

Excellent, I do really want some more stuff from them

Has Jaffe given any release window for any of his games?

He and ESP have confirmed that they are working on Twisted Metal for the ps3. Their first ps3 game was set for Fall '09 a while back, but 2010 is much more likely at this point.

Not sure how I forgot about that one...

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Well ND have said they think that they will have the same release pattern as last gens, so Uncharted 2 in 2009, then I'm thinking Jak IV in 2010 (hopefully)

They obvious question is will we be getting games in 2010? Other than ND and Insomniac, I can't think of any other studios to be able to make games for then

I do believe that ND will return to Jak for at least one game after Uncharted 2, and my only worry is that they may have to take two years to transition between franchises, since they won't be able to reuse any assets from the Uncharted games.

As for other studios that could be working on games for 2010, there have been strong rumors that Sony Liverpool is working on an action game called The Protector that apparently puts Killzone 2 to shame in the graphics department.  They have to be working on something, and they already have plenty of experience with the ps3's hardware through the development of WipEout HD and Formula One CE.  Since Sony lost the F1 license, they've had plenty of time to start work on another title in addition to WipEout HD (it's only a PSN title, after all) over the past year and a half.  Even if this rumor proves false (and I don't think it will) we should see at least something from them in 2010.

There are also rumors that Sony London has been working on another title since even before the Getaway 3 and Eight Days were canceled.  The only bad thing about the rumor is that it's yet another FPS.  :/  Anywho, hopefully we'll see something nice from them besides casual stuff and home.

And of course Sony bend could always be working on a Syphon Filter for ps3.  It seems to me that they've been made permanent PSP developers, though, what with their work on the Syphon Filter series on the platform, and now Resistance Retribution.

SCEJ hasn't really stepped up to the plate yet this gen, so we might see something from them.  We'll at least get Trico for 2010, assuming it doesn't make it out in 2009

Also, as far as I am aware Incognito is NOT being shut down.  Those were only rumors.

Speaking of Sony London, you missed EyePet.

I think I should have bought another console than the PS3, I would have had less traumas trying to figure out which titles I would have to wait with buying

Rainbird said:
makingmusic476 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Speaking of Sony London, you missed EyePet.

I think I should have bought another console than the PS3, I would have had less traumas trying to figure out which titles I would have to wait with buying

From the OP:

"Of course, this list isn't including all of Sony's casual stuff, like EyePet and SingStar. "

lulz

its physically imossible for 360 or wii to have a lineup like the ps3e lineup of 2009, the 1st party titles are amazing and will continue. not to mention possible 3rd party exclusives also. 2009 another hgreat year. i want to know more about 360 and wii 2009 lineup all i can think for 360 is alan wake nd foorza 3, if gt5 makes it in 2009 which im sure it will they should launch same day as forza 3. the true exclusives on ps3 will never be timed or anything they remeain on the best console this gen.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

makingmusic476 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Puts Killzone 2 to shame in the graphics department.......Holy Fakochia.

SMcc1887 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Munkeh111 said:

As for other studios that could be working on games for 2010, there have been strong rumors that Sony Liverpool is working on an action game called The Protector that apparently puts Killzone 2 to shame in the graphics department. They have to be working on something, and they already have plenty of experience with the ps3's hardware through the development of WipEout HD and Formula One CE. Since Sony lost the F1 license, they've had plenty of time to start work on another title in addition to WipEout HD (it's only a PSN title, after all) over the past year and a half. Even if this rumor proves false (and I don't think it will) we should see at least something from them in 2010.

There are also rumors that Sony London has been working on another title since even before the Getaway 3 and Eight Days were canceled. The only bad thing about the rumor is that it's yet another FPS. :/ Anywho, hopefully we'll see something nice from them besides casual stuff and home.

And of course Sony bend could always be working on a Syphon Filter for ps3. It seems to me that they've been made permanent PSP developers, though, what with their work on the Syphon Filter series on the platform, and now Resistance Retribution.

SCEJ hasn't really stepped up to the plate yet this gen, so we might see something from them. We'll at least get Trico for 2010, assuming it doesn't make it out in 2009

Also, as far as I am aware Incognito is NOT being shut down. Those were only rumors.

Puts Killzone 2 to shame in the graphics department.......Holy Fakochia.

I think he is talking about BBC game. Maybe Sony will show it in next E3.