By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's clear this up! What do Sony fans expect LBP to sell?

if it do less than 2M (WW), people, thanks to high thinking fanboys, could see LBP ''as a flop''. Strange.

FOr me. At least 1M world wide.

My guess its goonna sell lika Africa in JP, and great in Others (Europe, of course)

Around the Network

"LBP will be Huge!" sorry had to do it, lol.

Anyways, 5 million LTD sounds pretty right for some reason.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

i dont get why some of them expect it to sell 10mil within the first year. even 5mil for that matter. i'm sorry, but being more popular than wii fit? no, not possible. blame it.

i dont get why some of them expect it to sell 10mil within the first year. even 5mil for that matter. i'm sorry, but being more popular than wii fit? no, not possible. blame it.

I'm confused. IS LBP out in Americas????

VGC homepage has LBP first week sales for LBP as 164,000. The same week that Fable 2 did 705,000

American Top 5, 25th Oct 2008
1 Fable II 705,162
2 Wii Sports 260,139
3 Wii Fit 168,419
4 LittleBigPlanet 164,434
5 Far Cry 2 116,358

Going by this as I said many times before it's all forum internet hype and is very niche market.

I expect possibly 1.3 mill by Dec 31st (that could be generous) and maybe possibly 2.4 mill LT.

Around the Network
selnor said:

VGC homepage has LBP first week sales for LBP as 164,000. The same week that Fable 2 did 705,000

1 Fable II 705,162
2 Wii Sports 260,139
3 Wii Fit 168,419
5 Far Cry 2 116,358

Going by this as I said many times before it's all forum internet hype and is very niche market.

I expect possibly 1.3 mill by Dec 31st (that could be generous) and maybe possibly 2.4 mill LT.

Right now vgchartz has the copies sold that werent suppose to sell. ioi already confirmed week0 was very limited release and week 1 will be higher. so next weeks data will be more than 164k

I'm gonna predict about 500-600k if you combine the actual launch with these sales that were made pre-launch. Overall, who the hell knows, but I'll go 3 million. You can't even say definite 10 million sales when talking about the Wii Series, anyone who said that is crazy.

it's not about sales
and let's clear up! what do expect it to sell?

Kantor said:
6 billion copies first week.

Seriously, though, I think it will cross a million by mid-November, and LTD 4 million.

For once I'm going to troll by taking your 6 billion figure as gospel.  Anything less than that will constitute as a failure to make the sales of this game to be perceived as horrible as possible and to stick it to every PS3 owner, both fanboys and gamers because I hate SONY and PlayStation.

sarcasm  ;)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

selnor said:

1 Fable II 705,162
2 Wii Sports 260,139
3 Wii Fit 168,419
5 Far Cry 2 116,358

rouge stores like walmart, target, CC, were selling it, you know those small bottom feeding stores no one goes to

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog