By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's clear this up! What do Sony fans expect LBP to sell?

3 milliom LTD

Around the Network
shanbcn said:

I remember when people like Starcraft were making fun of PS fanboys when they said Uncharted will pass 1 million. Now that game is close to 2 million and selling better then ME and Bioshock. Both these over rated game sold just around 2 million on much bigger install base.

I was with you till you started raving bullshit about Mass Effect and Bioshock being overrated! How do you even come up with that nonsence!... I see you have a MGS avatar which means you must be an obnoxious PS fanboy, but that doesn't mean all AAA games that are released on X360 are overrated and games like Uncharted, which I think was very repetitive are better then both of those games.

Oh, my predictions for LBP: Topping at 2.3 million LTD.

THE NETHERLANDS

Max King of the Wild said:
another thing I don't get about this thread is people are talking about LT sales... that means we have to wait 3-4 years to find out...but somehow starcraft is taking week1 sales and figuring how it measures up to LT? huh?

No, actually we should be able to get a general idea of what the max lifetime sales after a few months.  Once the nuber sold becomes consistent over a month or two, you can figure that will be the max selling pattern for the lifetime. (with sales degradeing over time)

And I believe Starcraft was asking for LT and open week predictions.

goddog said:
selnor said:
I'm confused. IS LBP out in Americas????

VGC homepage has LBP first week sales for LBP as 164,000. The same week that Fable 2 did 705,000

American Top 5, 25th Oct 2008
1 Fable II 705,162
2 Wii Sports 260,139
3 Wii Fit 168,419
4 LittleBigPlanet 164,434
5 Far Cry 2 116,358

Going by this as I said many times before it's all forum internet hype and is very niche market.

I expect possibly 1.3 mill by Dec 31st (that could be generous) and maybe possibly 2.4 mill LT.

rouge stores like walmart, target, CC, were selling it, you know those small bottom feeding stores no one goes to

I doubt you were able to find any copies of Little Big Planet at these stores on or before 10/25.  The 164k number is mainly people that were able to pick up their preorders late in the day on 10/25.  The Gamestop I preordered from would only fill preorders on 10/25. 

Including the 10/25 data I project 500k in NA, 75k in Japan, and 750k in Others for week 0 + week 1.  Not bad for a team of 30 developers.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

3 million lifetime sales....it can do it!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
ya know. We could have 99 people here articulate their answer intelligently and even be correct....and we could have 1 crazzy man, and starcraft and others would still say "sony fans" in response to that one person. *sigh*

What about these Sony fans?

oh i see youre citing a random internet poll that could allow for multiple profiles, perhaps no profiles at all....and the absense of any reasoning to see if whoever is voting in these polls either A) has any idea what theyre talking about or B) can put together a coherant sentence.

Yeah lets get those "sony fans" nice detective work gumshoe.

hmm i would guess around 4-5 million LTD including bundles.

steverhcp02 said:
lapsed_gamer said:
steverhcp02 said:
ya know. We could have 99 people here articulate their answer intelligently and even be correct....and we could have 1 crazzy man, and starcraft and others would still say "sony fans" in response to that one person. *sigh*

What about these Sony fans?

oh i see youre citing a random internet poll that could allow for multiple profiles, perhaps no profiles at all....and the absense of any reasoning to see if whoever is voting in these polls either A) has any idea what theyre talking about or B) can put together a coherant sentence.

Yeah lets get those "sony fans" nice detective work gumshoe.

Okay, fine. Then please be one of the 99 people and articulate your answer.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

4 Million LTD

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

2 - 3 million total

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453