By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's clear this up! What do Sony fans expect LBP to sell?

another thing I don't get about this thread is people are talking about LT sales... that means we have to wait 3-4 years to find out...but somehow starcraft is taking week1 sales and figuring how it measures up to LT? huh?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
selnor said:
I'm confused. IS LBP out in Americas????

VGC homepage has LBP first week sales for LBP as 164,000. The same week that Fable 2 did 705,000

American Top 5, 25th Oct 2008
1 Fable II 705,162
2 Wii Sports 260,139
3 Wii Fit 168,419
4 LittleBigPlanet 164,434
5 Far Cry 2 116,358

Going by this as I said many times before it's all forum internet hype and is very niche market.

I expect possibly 1.3 mill by Dec 31st (that could be generous) and maybe possibly 2.4 mill LT.

Right now vgchartz has the copies sold that werent suppose to sell. ioi already confirmed week0 was very limited release and week 1 will be higher. so next weeks data will be more than 164k

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I didnt realise it released then got taken off shelves. Still my actual opinion of sales of this game dont change. Final predictions from me. Dec 31st = 1.5 mill LT = 2.5 mill. If bundled alot probably get to 3.5mill

ya know. We could have 99 people here articulate their answer intelligently and even be correct....and we could have 1 crazzy man, and starcraft and others would still say "sony fans" in response to that one person. *sigh*

I remember when people like Starcraft were making fun of PS fanboys when they said Uncharted will pass 1 million. Now that game is close to 2 million and selling better then ME and Bioshock. Both these over rated game sold just around 2 million on much bigger install base.

750K first week WW (not inc 164K from stalled launch)

1.6M by end of 2008 (I think it will be in a lot of Xmas stockings)

4M total lifetime sales

Around the Network

Really whats the meaning with all these threads about LBP, why cant people just wait and see when it releases all over the world and than judge. If it does more than 1 million by end of year than Sony should be happy.

shanbcn said:
I remember when people like Starcrap were making fun of PS fanboys when they said Uncharted will pass 1 million. Now that game is close to 2 million and selling better then ME and Bioshock. Both these over rated game sold just around 2 million on much bigger install base.

What , Bioshock is awesome

I made this thread a while ago, but I have no urgence to go and find it.

Anyway, I have always maintained that first week sales would be 500k units, and lifetime sales would fall somewhere between 3 to 5 million units. Looks like my first week number is a lil' low, but my lifetime is probably mostly correct.

Also, why does it just have to be "sony fans".

Predictions are predictions no matter who you are.

steverhcp02 said:
ya know. We could have 99 people here articulate their answer intelligently and even be correct....and we could have 1 crazzy man, and starcraft and others would still say "sony fans" in response to that one person. *sigh*

What about these Sony fans?

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth