By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's clear this up! What do Sony fans expect LBP to sell?

Early on I heard all sorts of numbers like expectations of three million to four million minimum.

Now I am hearing a lot of numbers like it's done well if it hits 1.5 million.

So leaving me out of it, what do you expect Little Big Planet to sell this year, and lifetime?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I have never seen 4mil min. in with sony fans.... but judging from your recent threads you've made this is just some more flamebait.... sigh.

Max King of the Wild said:

I have never seen 4mil min. in with sony fans.... but judging from your recent threads you've made this is just some more flamebait.... sigh.

i've remember claims as high as 10M.  can't remember who so it wasn't nessassarily an active member but still.

"LBP will be huge"....you can't tell me you haven't seen that stated about half a billion times on these forums.

6 billion copies first week.

Seriously, though, I think it will cross a million by mid-November, and LTD 4 million.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around 2-2.5 mil by the end of the year, around 4 mil LTD

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

i've remember claims as high as 10M.  can't remember who so it wasn't nessassarily an active member but still.

"LBP will be huge"....you can't tell me you haven't seen that stated about half a billion times on these forums.

see thats the problem with generalizing... which is what starcraft did. You'll get a few dumb predictions like that (and I bet you it was crazzymann which you guys should know better and not quote him) but that wont be the general consensus of ps3 fans which starcraft is making it seem like.

dear ... haven't we had enough of LBP prediction threads?

For the sake of staying on topic:

4-5 million LTD seems rather plausible

/thread

RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:

Gearbox made this thread about LBP selling 10m, but I don't think he should count in the same way CrazzyMan's posts shouldn't be taken serious.

"LBP will be huge" shouldn't count either, because it was started by someone who doesn't even own a PS3.

no "lbp will be huge" shouldn't count because they aren't giving a number which is what starcrafts looking for.

starcraft said:

Early on I heard all sorts of numbers like expectations of three million to four million minimum.

Now I am hearing a lot of numbers like it's done well if it hits 1.5 million.

So leaving me out of it, what do you expect Little Big Planet to sell this year, and lifetime?

Isn't there a prediction league for this sort of thing? 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.