By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What can we do to improve VG Chartz?

First of all, just keep doing what you are doing, its a great site.

To improve: The news section design could be different. News headlines look like forum topics. Maybe a different design for news could be implemented, like on other sites, where there is the main news part (written like an article), and then below it, a comments section from users done in much smaller type.

Around the Network

Hi ioi, 2 suggestions from me:

First Advertisement.

I have no problem that you have to do ads. I don't think its to much on the site. Some of the ads are not clear "separated" from the editorial part of the site. This questions automatically the credibility of your numbers for fist time visitors. Sometimes in the forums some ads look like the "footer" of some one. Thats just a little annoying.

Prediction League:

Is it possible not only to do an all time point list? I mean for newcomers its hard to get to the top, or for people who want to play only sometimes. An average list would be cool (how good is someone averaged in %). Just an idea.

IP bans does have bad points tho. i.e just say you ban a IP for someone who may use it via a network like a university then that would effect other users.

this may be a unimportant point but could we have a section

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Also the ability to delete own posts would be cool especially when you accidently double post

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Lock our own threads.
Edit Titles.

Chat would be cool, but would be repetitive or off topic and need monitoring.

Something that wouldn't require more work on your part, is more focus on profiles to encourage community. (Increasing the amount of time a person spends at the VG chartz.)

In the game profiles, you can embed video. There are pretty good Web 2.0 programs that have a flash embedder thingie, so you could even have your own player (though it wouldn't be necessary).

I don't know about everyone else here, but I respect your opinions, and wouldn't mind seeing more editorial type stuff. Maybe so as the (we) fanboys don't get offended you can do a "point counter point" format.

Software comparison charts.

Release Calender.

A good way to generate revenue, is to become an affiliate for a website that sells video games.  I would buy games from a company so that you would get a cut.  Anyone else agree?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

I think driving the vg myspace profile would help that goal, people who frequently use their myspace's are more likely to use their vg spaces aswell.

My 2 cents:

Auto-merged Double post . Maybe you can tweek the code to avoid that by merging automaticaly double posts . 56k users are plagued by the DP curse. (Myself is forced to use a 56k modem, due to vacation time.)

JP/US/EU release table for upcoming games. Handy that.

For IP banning to become a case, we should have Blue3 to Blue9 spam fiasco's once a week. In general, i think things are pretty civilised around here. Although double and triple acounts are a trend these days.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

I think the site is great as it is, and only one thing could really improve it:

EUROPEAN SOFTWARE SALES CHARTS!

No honestly, is there any chance that we are getting them sometimes or do you think this can't be realised?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy - It's not in the cards for the near future as far as I'm aware, we're primarily working on making the data we do provide more accurate now.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but on the main page in Hot Topics section, can we see who was the last person that posted instead of who created the thread? In general, I really don't care who started a thread beyond the first time I look at it (and even then I rarely care), but seeing the person who posted last is nice because then it's a little easier to know which topics have a new post or not.

-edit-
And I know this is shown in the actual forums section, but that part of the site is always so slow for me that I never use it.