By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What can we do to improve VG Chartz?

leo-j said:
Takashii360 said:
wow guys im on vgchartz from my psp

Lmao, how long did it take you to sign in, then post?

well it took less than a couple of minutes..I just bought my psp today...its fast...the only thing I cant post my own threads...but i can respond to threads....like what I just did above....what im typing now is from my pc...not my psp...but its good...lol...why?

Around the Network

yay! he added the decimal!

>_>

I like Bacon said:

>_>

You're just full of good ideas aren't you!

Pleease get US total numbers. Also, on the compair consoles, it would be nice to compair just two, not three .Also, is the Genesis even on the compair consoles?

I realize that more data is always on the way, but I'd think the most urgent addition would be others data for the PS2, Gamecube and Xbox. Especially since it effects the worldwide charts as well.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

bring back the old sonsole conparation it whas better cuz of the numbers remember? the monthly conparation for north america and the life of each console we miss that is more interesting then just sinple lines

z64dan said:
I like Bacon said:

>_>

You're just full of good ideas aren't you!

>_> sarcasm FTL!

Smashchu said:
Pleease get US total numbers. Also, on the compair consoles, it would be nice to compair just two, not three .Also, is the Genesis even on the compair consoles?

You can compare 2 consoles. example: pick Wii, Wii and DS.

not sure if it's already been mentioned but...

total software sales for each console?

It occurred to me that when people sit around talking about who's going to 'win', what metric does one use to decide who wins? :)

Most number of consoles shipped by the end of the generation?

Considering that most companies lose money on each console, this seems a silly way to judge it to me - the console that shipped the most probably added the biggest hole to the company's budget :)

What's important is how much software was bought for that console over it's life.

I guess you can multiply consoles sold by attach rate to get this figure - I dunno.. but in either case just having a graph of the total title sales over time of each console would be interesting to see.

There are all sorts of questions about pricing etc, but that's the same for the consoles themselves (and at least we can safely assume that each s/w sale MAKES money for the company, unlike hardware).

Now, if this data is already presented somewhere on this site, then my suggestion is to make it easier to find :D

To be able to select a timezone for the forums would be kinda nice. The time is many hours ahead of my time (EST here in Ohio)