By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What can we do to improve VG Chartz?

No love for my attach ratios idea?

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Around the Network

When you go over the numbers on the frontpage it would be nice if you could see a pie diagram with the actual percentages of marketshare

A kind of calculation of the actual software sales would be nice too.

A kind of 'number of the week' feature would be nice, like the Sony-PR thing: twist some numbers untill you have a surprise.

For the rest some low profile number analysis. Like the current sales number and the with the added devitatian occuring last year. Or just lineair prediction.

For the rest, keep in mind that this site is about numbers. Try to focus less on the community aspect, it's only based upon a group of teenagers with too much time.

Pie charts look cool, more of them!

ioi,

The number one complaint I see about this site is that the XBox 360 figures are too low. And I know why, you don't have to explain it to me.

But what I would like to suggest is to present both shipped and sell through numbers. There's a couple of ways I could see doing it: 1 - each bar in the graph consists of two parts -- a shaded and a nonshaded part. The shaded part extends beyond the nonshaded part and shows the shipped number. The nonshaded part shows the sell through number. Or another way would be to switch between two sets of graphs showing sell through on one graph and then after like 5 seconds, switch to shipped (and have it clearly marked as such). Or allow a radio button for toggling between the two.

I don't know if I'm explaining that well enough, but it would effectively show why there's a difference between your charts and one of the other popular ones, which would also establish why your tracking figures are better.

Probably a lot more effort than you want to do, but it's an idea.

Don't suddenly change the due dates for the predictions league, like you did with the european predictions a few weeks ago, where 6 of us got shafted

Around the Network

how to make vgchartz better?

Enhance graphics and add motion controls!
DUH!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Shipment figures are posted to the Worldwide Hardware page I believe every quarter or every other quarter.

I agree with some others, but i'm not sure how practical this is -- can the 'z' be changed to an 's' in "vgchartz", it just sounds more professional and credible

tabsina said:
I agree with some others, but i'm not sure how practical this is -- can the 'z' be changed to an 's' in "vgchartz", it just sounds more professional and credible

ioi said:
4. vgchartZ is here to stay as well. Everything is in that name and a lot of time has been spent building the site around that domain. Had vgcharts.com been available I'd have used that. Digg, reddit, boxofficemojo, gaf and a number of other names don't seem to have hurt other sites.

taken from one of ioi's posts on this page.

I agree with ioi, as z vs s doesn't really hurt it with the average user. Now if he was going professional like NPD, then i'd change it, but until then it doesn't really matter.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I would also be cool that when you log in you can select witch news posts you want to read.
I personally only want to read Xbox 360 and Wii news and the definite numbers. I can quess that many others for example don't want to read Wii news etc.

Also another color for if you haven't read a certain news item would be nice.